Predator hiding among us

I was distressed today to find out there is a child predator living in our neighborhood awaiting trial and the RCMP have not notified us. Is this common practice to let the public fend for themselves or has he slipped through the cracks in the system and is free to endanger our children.

Even if we knew what neighborhood this was could or should help. I have heard some of my neighbors talking but I figured is it Prince Rumors again ?

Pineridge area, about a 2 minute walk to Pineridge school. When I looked into it a bit since my last post I was told the RCMP could not divulge any information due to the chance of violating his rights but I did find one member who would at least confirm what I was told about the location.

if the cops told u…post out of public safety…
my kids walk in that neighbourhood and i would advise them…

again please post for public safety

If true, thanks for the heads-up. My daughter goes to Pineridge.

Well that makes two Predators in our community or town , there is one up by Raven Cres. as well or its the same individual and he/she it is doing some couch surfing. I know there are many in this town but yeah when they get charged , why set them free to offend again.

Justincase

Raven Crescent is around my “hood” My kids are always outside … how do we find out about this stuff to keep the kids safe. Not to go after the person or anything just so that I can keep my kids safe? Given your knowledge on various things legal and street legal suggestions? Thanks

We have too many predators/pedophiles loose in Rupert. Why can’t the RCMP hold a public forum of some kind to advise parents, without divulging the identities of these “people”, of their general whereabouts and the steps parents can take to protect their children. Do sex offenders not have to inform the community of their whereabouts ?

" The RCMP should…" Many people pine for a nanny state solution. The gov’t should do something, whine whine complain whine. I say educate yourself and protect your own. I do not advocate vigilanty justice. And I beieve the shooter in this video was dealt with fairly in a “deep south justice” kinda way. Now the question becomes " How do you feel about the deep south justice the dead guy recieved.
liveleak.com/view?i=7f5_1281036313

Some of you other old geezers will remember how our fathers generation handled perverts. Somehow the perv just disappeared. Problem solved…Neighbors, police, etc just wink wink nudge nudged the mystery away . Not a good thing ,then or now. However the fact is, there were fewer repeat offenders. Obviously some innocents were witch hunted, but are our ancestors to be condemned for doing what they thought best. I would also be willing to bet they didn’t get it wrong any more than the justice system does today with false accusations.

I would like it if the RCMP would put up or let the citizen from the neighbourhood put up some form of poster warning individuals . In my area , it turns out the Predator was found guilty but released till sentencing .

Sheesh…Knock knock knock…Hello

[quote=“Right Coast”]" The RCMP should…" Many people pine for a nanny state solution. The gov’t should do something, whine whine complain whine. I say educate yourself and protect your own. I do not advocate vigilanty justice. And I beieve the shooter in this video was dealt with fairly in a “deep south justice” kinda way. Now the question becomes " How do you feel about the deep south justice the dead guy recieved.
liveleak.com/view?i=7f5_1281036313[/quote]

John Grisham doesn’t have to be totally imaginative for his story ideas.

His first novel, A Time to Kill, is about a African-American girl who is raped by two “good old boys” in Mississippi. The girl’s father decides to take matters into his own hands and the story is told through the eyes of the lawyer who defends him. Grisham makes it almost impossible not to side with the father. The novel was written five years after the story in your link.

Grisham’s latest novel, The Confession, has some resemblance to last night’s execution of Troy Davis.

Days before the execution of an African-American who supposedly killed a white high school classmate, the actual murderer confesses to the crime. Grisham is scathing of the justice system that can’t admit mistakes and isn’t very kind to the victim’s family who want “justice” done. The novel was written only a couple of years ago perhaps around the time the witnesses in the Troy Davis case began to recant their testimony.

For the record, sometimes a 20 year old with a 16 year old girlfriend can be labeled as a “child predator”. Don’t anyone jump to conclusions!

Woah woah woah, this thread is strictly for paranoia.

Obviously, the only solution is to install CCTV cameras at every intersection and make every citizen where a tracking device.

Walk home from the bar (instead of driving drunk) and stop to pee in the bushes. Get caught by the police and get charged with exposing your genitalia in public.

Sex offender.

True, true!

The Conservative Party in Ontario is suggesting making the sex offender registry public.

Globe and Mail editorial opposes.

theglobeandmail.com/news/opi … le2167814/

The commissioner of the Ontario Police opposes.

thestar.com/news/canada/poli … ublic?bn=1

And then we have this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-pedophile_activism

But also this.

[quote]In extreme cases, sex-offender registries have led to vigilante actions against registered offenders. In a highly publicized 2006 case, a Nova Scotia man murdered two men on Maine’s sex-offender registry before killing himself.

One of the victims had been listed for having consensual sex when he was 20 with his underage girlfriend, days before she turned 16. Maine is considering legislation that would require sex offences to be “tiered” according to the severity of their crime but will keep the registry public.[/quote]

xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Toron … 10796.aspx

The scary thing is that we don’t know what predator is out there to begin with. Knowing that there might be one may make us more cautious in that specific incident but perhaps less cautious when we don’t know who is in the neighbourhood.

And even scarier is the number of sexual predators who are relatives and close friends of the victim. I have no idea of the number but I am guessing that predators who know their victims far exceeds the number of random sexual assaults.

Remember a few years back when a dangerous sex offender moved to Rupert. I remember the schools warning the kids and if I am recalling correctly he was picked up within a day or two for violating his conditions of parole. In that situation it seemed appropriate to warn the public. But my question would first be if he were that dangerous and that likely to reoffend, why put him out in the public to begin with.

Again, I can’t vouch for numbers, but I am guessing that a lot of people listed on the sex registry are less likely to harm our children than some of the people we trust the most.

There’s a child molester who lives on the west side, close to McBride. He did his time though, and hides in his mom’s basement. Not really anywhere for him to be.

I must agree with Princess of Power and Codybear , there are many predators in our town , yes many have violated (maybe bad spelling) their relatives . As for the 20year old and the 16year old that situation runs wild in this town . Where do we draw the line and how do we try and get the courts to work or even the ministry of Child Services . The courts have to stick it to them and hit them hard , not release them till day of sentence.