Pizza hut goes overboard

snickers Where can one buy such an annoying device?

ebay.

Why is the Terrace manager doing anything in the Prince Rupert store? Has the Rupert PH have no management of its own? And if management has to install a jammer because they can’t control their employees, then the problem is management, not cell phones.

Isn’t the owner in Terrace the owner in Prince Rupert too? That would explain why they refer to Terrace Management.

I pay upwards of $200 per month for my phone service with data and it is somewhat of a life line for me. As someone else mentioned, I’m also on call and rely on my phone for income. In this day an age cell phone use is a major part of our societies communication and to have a business restrict my ability to use it is BS. Like I said, I pay a lot to use it and if I want to sit and text or chat in the phone while I’m having lunch that’s my prerogative.

My concern would be that of safety. What happens when a customer starts choking or another gets an allergic reaction and medical services are required at this establishment, while the host is on the land line taking an order? Unless other patrons to the establishment are privy to first aid, MAYHEM will ensue… and it will. The trickle effect would probably bring a law suit against the business. Its an accident waiting to happen!

[quote=“Synara”]personally I cant wait for the day that cell phone usage will end up like smoking did…out the door and around the corner please!

As for texting…it comes a close second in rudness.

When you speaking to another human being put the damn toys away and pay attention![/quote]

That’s pretty silly. Cell phones are absolutely vital to me, my colleagues, and provincial forestry services when it comes to aircraft maintenance issues during wildfire seasons, especially when fire danger rating is at extreme.

Sorry, did not know of your management change…and I did not say you were responsible for installing the jammer.

Sounds freaken dangerous. What if the place was being robbed? Could be 50 people that could call the Popo(just like using Popo) for help.
Would the police be able to use their communication devices and call for back-up at that location?

Nothing a little boycott won’t fix.

Make your displeasure known to the business. Let them know you won’t be back until things change. Money talks.

Lack of money yells to a franchise owner. Bend them to your will.

x

I don’t know about the safety issue. Cell phones haven’t been around that long and we got by.

Who gives a shit? I don’t go to Pizza Hut because their food is even worse than it was 40 years ago. Fucking Macdonalds of pizza.
And it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to jam their phones than discipline them 32,000 times a day. Saw the twit that worked for me undo his safety belt and hold a $1200 antenna with one elbow so he could answer a goddam text right away.
When WalMart first opened in PG you cellphone didn’t work inside there. I was actually surprised when mine rang inside about a year later. But I was fucking shopping so I didn’t answer. It ain’t that important!

It is all good in the hood managment sat down at the round table today and had it all out and the yapper has been taken out, But to my two cents i did not mean to attack you on the last posting at all i think i was just caught up in the phone calls and thinking about other things out of the course of the day, But i have worked hard on turning my kitchen around and it has come along way in leaps and bounds and there is along way to go as well. As for the managment team that is here we are working along side with managment in terrace to try and turn the customer base around and would ask for patience in this matter but customer feed back is important to a business as well take the good with the bad so to speak thank you for time on this matter and i do so hope to see smiling faces back in there sometime soon

[quote=“My2cents”]

Sorry, did not know of your management change…and I did not say you were responsible for installing the jammer.[/quote]

Sorry to you as well i did not mean to attack you at all or for it to come across that i do how ever welcome all feed back from customers and i do thank you for your phone call this morning bringing it to my attention we did how ever have a managment meeting to discuss in further option of what can and will be done as for the zapper it has been taken out and will remain out as for the customers not being treated like they should be at family dinning experience we have talked this over in great detail as well and things have come to light and i hope to see great changes in the near future. As for gaining what customers PH has pissed off i would hope that somewhere in there heart of hearts can forgive a poor dissison and give us another try and we will try and make it right this time around. I know i have changed my kitchen around and have worked along side with some to most of the cooks and there is needed work still that needs to go in but with alittle patience comes alot of vertue. Thank you for your time and supprt on this matter.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Who gives a shit? I don’t go to Pizza Hut because their food is even worse than it was 40 years ago. Fucking Macdonalds of pizza.
And it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to jam their phones than discipline them 32,000 times a day. Saw the twit that worked for me undo his safety belt and hold a $1200 antenna with one elbow so he could answer a goddam text right away.
When WalMart first opened in PG you cellphone didn’t work inside there. I was actually surprised when mine rang inside about a year later. But I was fucking shopping so I didn’t answer. It ain’t that important![/quote]

I would think it depends on the number that’s calling :wink: im sure if your entire network was dead you might answer while shopping. Though undoing your belt is pretty fucking retarded…

[quote=“DHCollins”]Nothing a little boycott won’t fix.

Make your displeasure known to the business. Let them know you won’t be back until things change. Money talks.

Lack of money yells to a franchise owner. Bend them to your will.

x[/quote]

Where’s Head Dissident when you need him? Time for a new facebook group.

Thank you all for your comments i never ment to attack pizza hut the food has been getting better from the day the doors opened it has a great view and good food i was just pissed that someone thats having problems with there staff that i has a customer have to pay the price. I see someone from pizza hut is posting to you i would like to say dont give up the fight your doing a great job. Management needs improving if they could not even post something on the door or in the store telling there customers that you cant get service there i would have never needed to post my comment i posted my comment because customers needed to know. P.s glad to hear the zapper is gone maybe ill be back…love the wings

Pizza Hut in Prince Rupert is an ABSOLUTE joke…I have never in my life seen a restaurant run as badly as Pizza Hut in PR…there is 100% no control whatsoever in that place…the employees are horsing around, talking loudly, laughing, talking on the phone, screaming and yelling…

The food also tastes like pure shit…I don’t know why, but it doesn’t taste anywhere near as good as other Pizza Huts.

Not only that, but when I tried to order something off the menu I was told it is not available because the Terrace store gets first choice of all food stock, and whatever is left over is sent to the PR Pizza Hut…I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

The owner needs to seriously overhaul the staff, they have single handidly destroyed Pizza Huts reputation in PR and have turned it into a complete failure.

i have no objection to someone using a cell phone, but would it be too much to ask that one get up and leave the table to have the conversation in private, as some one mentioned it is not my prerogative to be able to eat not having to overhear loud conversations which disrupts my lunch, dinner etc. For me getting up and taking your call in private shows manners and respect to those around you.