Pita Pit coming to PR

Was at the Terrace store on the weekend and overheard the owner telling a group of people that he is opening a 2nd location in Prince Rupert sometime in the near future. Look out Subway, you have some serious competition coming your way.

Sounds good to me. Change will be good and I love Pita Pit.

You guys don’t understand marker servicing do you? Pita Pit doesn’t compete against Subway just like A&W doesn’t compete against Timmies.
You’re thinking that everyone has a limited budget, there’s a limited demand and that money will now be spread around. Many people will now eat at both, some people don’t like subs and aren’t spending right now.
The franchises are actually harder on the existing Mom & Pop places than each other. People like identity, consistency and speed of service.

I agree that some customers of Pita Pit, may not necessarily be customers of sub places like Subway/Quiznos (and vice versa), but I would say these franchises do share a huge portion of the same customer base, so there is no doubt in my mind that Subway in PR will be affected when Pita Pit opens in PR.

And I disagree that Pita Pit doesn’t compete against Subway…all of the healthier/sub/sandwich/wrap/pita franchises compete directly with each other, they are all driving from the same customer base.

I also agree that yes people will probably still eat at both Subway and Pita Pit, but there is certainly some opportunity costs involved there…someone who used to go 5 times to Subway, might now go 3 times Subway and 2 times to Pita Pit.

I agree with you though on A&W vs Tim Hortons.

I also agree that other independent places also will be affected, that’s a given for sure.

[quote=“bthedog”]I agree that some customers of Pita Pit, may not necessarily be customers of sub places like Subway/Quiznos (and vice versa), but I would say these franchises do share a huge portion of the same customer base, so there is no doubt in my mind that Subway in PR will be affected when Pita Pit opens in PR.

And I disagree that Pita Pit doesn’t compete against Subway…all of the healthier/sub/sandwich/wrap/pita franchises compete directly with each other, they are all driving from the same customer base.

I also agree that yes people will probably still eat at both Subway and Pita Pit, but there is certainly some opportunity costs involved there…someone who used to go 5 times to Subway, might now go 3 times Subway and 2 times to Pita Pit.

I agree with you though on A&W vs Tim Hortons.

I also agree that other independent places also will be affected, that’s a given for sure.[/quote]

This is a typical Rupert response due to our small population base, we want new things but we also worry about how it will affect businesses already established… I welcome Pita Pit and thank them for taking a chance in Rupert, and the strong will survive.

Healthy?
OMG it’s barely edible! Worst pita wraps I ever tried. Taco Bell of pita.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Healthy?
OMG it’s barely edible! Worst pita wraps I ever tried. Taco Bell of pita.[/quote]

Not sure who made your pita. I have had Pita Pit several times and have always had a good tasty pita.

Pssst… sounds like a sure thing … ya think, I mean you did overhear the whole conversation… lol

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]You guys don’t understand marker servicing do you? Pita Pit doesn’t compete against Subway just like A&W doesn’t compete against Timmies.
You’re thinking that everyone has a limited budget, there’s a limited demand and that money will now be spread around. Many people will now eat at both, some people don’t like subs and aren’t spending right now.
The franchises are actually harder on the existing Mom & Pop places than each other. People like identity, consistency and speed of service.[/quote]

Honestly I don’t agree with you that Pita Pit wouldn’t be competition for subway, the same way that McD is competition for subway and the same way timmies is, if customers are buying food at pita pit now when they would’ve been at subway that affects business, whenever you have more options it’s going to hurt business.

[quote=“brah”]

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]You guys don’t understand marker servicing do you? Pita Pit doesn’t compete against Subway just like A&W doesn’t compete against Timmies.
The franchises are actually harder on the existing Mom & Pop places than each other. People like identity, consistency and speed of service.[/quote]

Honestly I don’t agree with you that Pita Pit wouldn’t be competition for subway, the same way that McD is competition for subway and the same way timmies is, if customers are buying food at pita pit now when they would’ve been at subway that affects business, whenever you have more options it’s going to hurt business.[/quote]

So do we avoid anything new in the way of restaurants, for me I am tired of everything here so I spend very little on food out, bring on another restaurant and the strong will survive…

Well, Well.
After being sawed off at the knees by bthedog (Nov 3. “100% Not True, and Total Crap”) and his sidekick speedy (Nov 4. “Its Not True”) on my post about Sherman Motors being bought out by MacCarthy GM being untrue.
I failed to realize that the two of you probably know everything thats goin on everywhere! Whether it be starting a post, commenting on a post, or just shooting the shit out of a post!
Are you the only people that have ears, or have friends that hear things pertaining to our humble little village? (Have we hit city status again yet?) I think not!
As an example, Mr Omega, who posted today, stating that he talked to Larry Sherman and what was posted earlier by myself was indeed True!
If more evidence is needed guys, check out Larry’s Retirement Notice in Wednesday’s paper coming up!
I believe that most of the posts submitted here are speculative, but are the truth (for the most part)
I had been told about this sale almost a week before posting it on here, but did you even look into it before responding? I think not, or your comments would have been different!

With that out of the way Mr bthedog, to comment on your recent post about Pita Pit coming to PR.
It will be good to see another business open up in our town, lord knows we need it, and welcome it with open arms (and wallets).
I will not refute what you heard, nor will I call you a liar. I have eaten at the Terrace location, and while the food isn’t bad, I think Subway will be safe!
Thank You for reading.

Actually woodnfood…when I said the Sherman thing was NOT true…it wasn’t…the deal was not done between the two.

I know Larry and his family very well and at that time I knew for SURE it was not done…obviously a deal has been worked out.

[quote=“My2cents”]

Pssst… sounds like a sure thing … ya think, I mean you did overhear the whole conversation… lol[/quote]

I have since asked the owner directly and he told me it was in fact true…so take that how ever you want to…just My2cents :wink:

I have a copy of the email too in fact.

[quote=“woodnfood”]Well, Well.
After being sawed off at the knees by bthedog (Nov 3. “100% Not True, and Total Crap”) and his sidekick speedy (Nov 4. “Its Not True”) on my post about Sherman Motors being bought out by MacCarthy GM being untrue.
I failed to realize that the two of you probably know everything thats goin on everywhere! Whether it be starting a post, commenting on a post, or just shooting the shit out of a post!
Are you the only people that have ears, or have friends that hear things pertaining to our humble little village? (Have we hit city status again yet?) I think not!
As an example, Mr Omega, who posted today, stating that he talked to Larry Sherman and what was posted earlier by myself was indeed True!
If more evidence is needed guys, check out Larry’s Retirement Notice in Wednesday’s paper coming up!
I believe that most of the posts submitted here are speculative, but are the truth (for the most part)
I had been told about this sale almost a week before posting it on here, but did you even look into it before responding? I think not, or your comments would have been different!

With that out of the way Mr bthedog, to comment on your recent post about Pita Pit coming to PR.
It will be good to see another business open up in our town, lord knows we need it, and welcome it with open arms (and wallets).
I will not refute what you heard, nor will I call you a liar. I have eaten at the Terrace location, and while the food isn’t bad, I think Subway will be safe!
Thank You for reading.[/quote]

What does any of the above stuff have to do with this thread besides a few lines.

I really don’t care what you say about me, so have a good day sir.

YAY for the Pit! I’ll definitely welcome a new eatery to town! Their pitas and smoothies are amazing!

Good comeback Mr Dog!
I’m certainly not looking for an apology!
The information that I heard came from Terrace, Not Prince Rupert!
I (in no way) was speaking of anything heard from The Shermans, whose decisions you seem privy too.
I notice that you are on this wonderful forum quite regularly, and input some of these posts more than once.
If I had made a statement such as yours and found later that the information stated was in fact true,
then I would take a few minutes to retract my previous statement. Its not a big deal, but it probably would
have been the right thing to do.
Totally Wrong and 100% Crap, are pretty harsh!

The Pita Pit thing. Congratulations on being the first to post about it on this forum.
Do you personally know the manager and his family of the Terrace Pita Pit?
Communicating directly with him, and saving a copy of the email is very thorough indeed.
However, if the manager(or owner) didn’t want to share this information with you, then it would only be speculation.
You did well…And this is a good example of posting the truth as we know it!

Your 2centsworth…My food4thought

I agree :smile:

[quote=“bthedog”]

Pssst… sounds like a sure thing … ya think, I mean you did overhear the whole conversation… lol

I have since asked the owner directly and he told me it was in fact true…so take that how ever you want to…just My2cents :wink:

I have a copy of the email too in fact.[/quote]

Well then…that’s a “wrap”… you have the e-mail too. Could we see the e-mail?

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

Honestly I don’t agree with you that Pita Pit wouldn’t be competition for subway, the same way that McD is competition for subway and the same way timmies is, if customers are buying food at pita pit now when they would’ve been at subway that affects business, whenever you have more options it’s going to hurt business.

So do we avoid anything new in the way of restaurants, for me I am tired of everything here so I spend very little on food out, bring on another restaurant and the strong will survive…[/quote]

I never said that, I said they would compete for business against subway, nothing wrong with that and I hope they come here and I would love for Quiznos to come here too.