Pipeline politics

An interesting and thought-provoking link.

thecanadian.org/item/2076-video- … -agreement

Interesting to know just how hogtied the next government (either party) will be on this issue.

thanks for that link… here is another

thecanadian.org/item/1471-myth-o … isty-clark

Although I don’t trust either party… Liberal esp guarantee that Enbridge will indeed build the pipe line… So on that issue alone besides many other i will be voting NDP

so under that TILMA both parties have to abide by it, the federal government can push it through, nothing new here, alot of papers reported on that last year. so who really is more honest? a party that says NO PIPELINES but knows they can’t stop it or a party that says IF IT MEETS CERTAIN CONDITIONS because they know they can’t stop it. or are we going to hear how Adrian Dix’s age makes up for him not knowing about that TILMA agreement.

You seem to be avoiding the central point. Are you saying that you are supportive of the BC Liberal decision to sign away our independent right to determine what does, or does not happen in BC with regard to pipelines and our environment? Clearly, I am not ok with it.

[quote=“jamesbrown”]thanks for that link… here is another

Although I don’t trust either party… Liberal esp guarantee that Enbridge will indeed build the pipe line… So on that issue alone besides many other i will be voting NDP[/quote]

If you think that the NDP are trustworthy in this regard your crazy…look how they are dealing with the Kinder Morgan pipeline. Most likely NDP will be the next provincial government but they won’t be any help for this area. I’m out of town but did Dix even come to the Northwest.

I can’t exactly remember what our deal was about criticizing Dix and Clark, but seeing that you took the opportunity on a discussion of pipelines and who controls what to throw an unnecessary negative comment toward Dix, I will take the opportunity to pass on this message from a long time (mind you, federal) Liberal.

Whether Kinsella is correct with his prediction isn’t the point of my post. I want you to consider what he has to say about the person you are supporting in this election. Support the Liberals all you want. You are certainly free to believe they will do a better job for the province than the NDP will. That is a fair and reasonable debate. But seriously, you and your leader and the rest of the Liberals should stop with the idea that Christy Clark and the Liberals in general have some moral edge over Adrian Dix.

[quote]Christy Clark? Well, she’s a perfomer. I’ve known her since she was a Liberal staffer in Ottawa – but, then again, I didn’t. With Christy, I never really knew who or what she was: a Martinite? A Chretinite? Right? Left?

When she started chumming around with Stephen Harper and Preston Manning, I had had enough. It wasn’t that she was a conservative, per se. My problem was that she was, in her core, without a core. She was fake. She was phony.

Clark, at the campaign’s end, deserves to lose because you just don’t know what she believes in – or if, in fact, she believes in anything at all. She’s an actor, but not a leader.[/quote]

warrenkinsella.com/2013/05/adria … ng-to-win/

Give me Dix any day.

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

[quote=“jamesbrown”]thanks for that link… here is another

Although I don’t trust either party… Liberal esp guarantee that Enbridge will indeed build the pipe line… So on that issue alone besides many other i will be voting NDP[/quote]

If you think that the NDP are trustworthy in this regard your crazy…look how they are dealing with the Kinder Morgan pipeline. Most likely NDP will be the next provincial government but they won’t be any help for this area. I’m out of town but did Dix even come to the Northwest.[/quote]

just what the hell have the liberals ever done for the North

The new container port could be one example.

LOL@ container port

That is a federal thing and I am tired of the province taking credit for it

yes I did take a dig at Adrian Dix for being opposition leader he must have known about the TILMA, so when he goes on talking about no pipelines period he isn’t telling the ppl he can not stop it due to the TILMA. as stated before in other posts by other ppl and the links they posted the federal government can push through pipelines regardless of the TILMA or not, under their federal powers if they so wanted to, and Harper so wants to, so what does Adrian Dix have to say about that nothing, at least the Liberals are trying to get some guarantess out of it, like better enviromental conditions which are allowed under the TILMA

tilma.ca/faq_general_questions.asp

oh and here is the last dig on Adrian Dix, using his age to say he made a mistake plzzzzz. the second most powerful person in BC when he was Glen Clark’s right hand man and he didn’t know what he did was against the law, really, or his excuse that he did not immediately write the memo until after the raid at Glen Clark’s house because he forgot to write it, really? what will be his excuse on the TILMA? he misplaced his notes.

[quote=“jamesbrown”]LOL@ container port

That is a federal thing and I am tired of the province taking credit for it[/quote]

The BC government paid $30 million for that.

Federal government: $30 million.

Not solely a federal thing.

There was a need for a port here regardless of who was in charge…

Christy Clark will be gone as of Tuesday evening… the more I watch her the more angry I get… Dix does not appear to be a great leader but will have many good people assisting …the middle class has to look after themselves and vote NDP and let thee rich worry about themselves… The Liberals destroyed collective bargaining in BC… I don’t trust them on the pipe line I guess neither party can stop it but i trust NDP to confirm the checks and balances …

… and you said the provincial government did nothing for the North.

[quote=“PLA”]

… and you said the provincial government did nothing for the North.[/quote]

whatever i still dont trust the Liberals at all and i am not alone

I’m away and was wondering if Dix showed up here at all. As for what the Liberals have done for the north is the much hated sale of BC Rail to CN. We benefited greatly from that sale.

If you are throwing this out as some kind of negative thing, you are very wrong. All parties rarely visit ridings that are strong holdings.

I believe if you want to win an election you need to visit the ridings which could be important to the economy of the province. This riding is in full recovery under the Liberal government. I hope Dix doesn’t put a wrench in that.

Economy, economy, economy, and with the unstated “JOBS”. While these are important for most in the short term, not many seem to be able to see down the road when this false economy finally crumbles. Many national banks have been simply printing money. The cause of the previous collapse (derivatives) hasn’t been addressed and it is business as usual. It will happen again, and soon.

Short term gain and long term pain. I really don’t want to leave my grandchildren with the economic and environmental burden we are leaving them.

Christy Clark has doubled our debt. I’ll be very surprised if her plan to pay that down comes to fruition. History says, “NO.”

After the tax dollars to Provincial & rural Municipal gov’s and then there are land/mineral sales and production royalties to the people of BC. Your grandchildren will not have to move and sell there soul to the big city to earn a living. Many of the projects will come with advanced training set into the budgets of the project within the region and that will spin off all the way to lessen the cost of province picking up the bill for training. Many are already working on this shared benefit to the communities in which they will operate in. Yes we need to get off the oil and gas; I have yet to talk to anyone who is willing to go without these O & G products. At the end of the day all politicians will lean in favor of revenue to take care of the less fortunate, unable and our seniors bills. Most of those who voted in my mind were the ones who built this country & province; any gov’t will make decisions that will be in favor of sustainable revenue that benefits all vs. policy that will constraint an economic balance to the budget. Get ready to start the savings account for the next generations. Also, Alberta has had 40+ years of fantastic growth and one year of deficit dose not make it a failure. Look at all the money these retirees have moved into BC not to mention the tourist bucks. BC has been Alberta’s play ground for years; let’s keep the spenders coming and,… going back with empty pockets!

in order for companies to invest in green technology they need to make money, in order for our province to grow it needs to make money. the only way to make money is to mine and sell our abundant resources to other countries that demand it. if your worried about your kids and grandkids future, then worry about them being able to find work that pays good money, and again that is the resource sector. it is good to think that if it isn’t enviromentaly friendly we shouldn’t mine or produce it. but are you willing to have less health care dollars? less education dollars? higher prices for goods and services? if you think the carbon tax pissed ppl off imagine a huge increase in electricity rates because we went all green. etc. their is no utopia on being green, that best you can do is try to create a balance while letting the province grow and create good paying jobs.