Pipeline good for the north

[quote=“Crazy Train”]Speakuppr…

I don’t mind links to info and the sharing of opinion but these masses of text that you’re pasting are too much. State your point and back it up with a reference if you have too but you don’t have to copy and paste every article that has ever been printed that supports your viewpoint. Your point has been made and your position is understood. Does anyone else have any thoughts to share?[/quote]

QFT

Maybe just a 1 line thing saying,blah blah talking about blah blah and post the link and people can choose to look or not, and although I am 100% against the pipeline it is getting to where I do not want to even open this topic and see huge blocks of text.

Takes a certain amount of chutzpah for this one. From: montrealgazette.com/business … story.html

Skip a paragraph…

That would be the one that spilled 1,500 barrels, by the way.

Enbridge… ಠ_ಠ

Still debating this? Dear leader has spoken. The pipeline is happening. Our country elected this moron to rule with an iron fist and thats what hes doing.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]Speakuppr…
I don’t mind links to info and the sharing of opinion but these masses of text that you’re pasting are too much. [/quote]

**Since you’re new around here, here’s a hint. If you see that I’ve posted something, there is no internet or HTMF law that says you have to open up the topic and read my posting. **

Multinational Oil Companies have a $200 billion dollar stake in ripping tar out of the Alberta North and they’ve allocated $100 million dollars to see the pipeline gets approved through the regulatory process (PR Campaigning).

They are busy in the Main Stream and Social Media spinning their lies and deceit to hide the fact that Northwestern BC will assume an unacceptable risk with this pipeline. Foreign Big Oil is interested in making Canada a compliant third world Petro State and they’ve already gone a long way to achieving that.

Sad to say, I have more faith in Ducks Unlimited who are one of the foreign radical environmentalist organizations than I have in Radical Joe Oliver and his boss. As Jesus pointed out, the fix is already in with Our Dear Leader and his ministerial puppets.

The only way for us to reclaim our country is to educate ourselves on the issues. You don’t do this by convenient and easy to digest 20 second sound clips and PR releases from industry front organizations.

ottawacitizen.com/touch/stor … id=5981230

[quote=“Terry Glavin Ottawa Citizen”]But if we’re seriously supposed to be going all villagers-with-torches about foreign outfits with weird ideologies undermining Canada’s national economic interests, let’s review what’s really going on, shall we?

The $5.5-billion Enbridge pipeline project is all about sending Alberta bitumen in huge oil tankers to China. Beijing’s own state enterprises are among the project’s major backers, and Beijing has been buying up Alberta’s oilpatch at such a dizzying pace lately it’s hard to keep up. In the spring of 2010, China’s state-owned Sinopec Corp. took a $4.65-billion piece of Syncrude. Then the China Investment Corporation, which is run by the Chinese Communist Party, took possession of a $1.25-billon share of Penn West Petroleum. Last summer, the Chinese National Offshore Oil Corporation gobbled up Opti Canada for $2.34 billion. And so on.

Then, last month, Sinopec spent $2.2-billion to take over Daylight Energy Ltd., and last week, Petro-China, with the final push of $1.9 billion, became the owner and manager of the MacKay River oilsands project. This is what Ottawa doesn’t want you noticing.

Until now, Beijing’s strategy has been to fly under the radar by taking only pieces of oilsands ventures and to murmur occasionally about bringing in Chinese workers or pulling up stakes altogether should they hear too much backchat. Now, everything’s changed. Sinopec’s Daylight deal was a first: it was a complete takeover of a Canadian oilsands company by a Chinese state corporation. The MacKay River deal was a first, too, but in a bigger way: when the McKay project is up and running in 2014 it will be a full Chinese show, with a boss that answers directly to Beijing. The thing is, nobody in Ottawa wants to have a serious conversation about any of this.[/quote]

There is no law dictating how you use the internet or HTMF, but internet etiquette exists.

Essentially you’re turning this thread into a blog. =.=

Thanks PLA!

Actually, I’m not as new as it may appear and I never knew there was seniority around here.

My problem is that any points made by anyone else get swallowed up in the mass of dialogue you’re posting. Do what you want but I’m not reading all of what you’re posting and it sounds like others feel the same way. You’re just taking away from conversation by overwhelming the thread.

[quote=“PLA”]There is no law dictating how you use the internet or HTMF, but internet etiquette exists.

Essentially you’re turning this thread into a blog. =.=[/quote]

The forum is about conversation, and long walls of text aren’t conversation.

Speakupr, if you’d like to post a long-form article about the topic, I’d welcome it on skeena.org or themainframe.ca or some site like that. Then we can link to it and discuss it.

I knew this wa going to be a good topic,harper is on his way to china and he is going to sell
oil to china come hell or high water.

He can sell oil to China without a problem, but how he can get it there is a huge problem because we will have a bridge across Prince Rupert harbour long before there is a pipeline to Kitimaat, and I dont think I will ever see a bridge in my lifetime.

I really think you are missing the bigger question. Why are we giving away our non renewable resourses at all? In 3 generations we will be out of oil,then what? wake up! we aren’t reaping the rewards the oil barons are! our oil is on it’s way to other countries to be stockpiled for their future needs & we will be a have not country. we are selling our grandchildren’s future!please wake up and realize who’s profiting !

I wonder what the opinion will be when First Nations block all access to and blockade construction areas for the new pipeline that is most likely going to be rammed down British Columbia’s throat? Because you know they will.

Standard anti-blockade sentiment or heroes? LOL

(Just thought I’d make a note to the Elephant in the Room)

You make a valid point. I’ve left a comment on the “other” PR newspaper. You know, the one that doesn’t require Facebook to be heard…

rupertdaily.ca/show2304a/HER … DGE_AT_JRP

x

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]I wonder what the opinion will be when First Nations block all access to and blockade construction areas for the new pipeline that is most likely going to be rammed down British Columbia’s throat? Because you know they will.

Standard anti-blockade sentiment or heroes? LOL

(Just thought I’d make a note to the Elephant in the Room)[/quote]

Id be right there with them so long as it was a blockade against the pipeline not a blockade for a piece of the pie like it was with the port. This isnt a native issue its a british Columbia issue.

We had a blockade here a couple weeks ago. At first we heard it was against the pipeline. By late afternoon it was about the resources leaving town. By next morning it was about road safety. Then they beat on a local guy who went around the roadblock trying to get to the dump.
The Occupy Fail in miniature… from good intentions to shit in 48 hours.

The pipeline proposal here is mainly thru ranch land, crosses the Stuart River near the Airport and continues through Crown land.
Funny how there’s not much concern over dumping raw shit in the river but the pipeline’s polarized the whole town. All those who support it when there’s no evidence of even ONE freaking job for anyone who lives here.

Prince rupert needs to put out the red carpet when enbrige comes to prince rupert,if kitamat dosnt want it
lets say come on in to our city we need the jobs and the millions in investments.The prime minister would
be so happy to hear that we are the true gateway to asia,gary coons needs to get on board and fight for the
pipeline to prince rupert and not give us the bs that he stands for no oil as his good friend dan miller is
being paid alot of money working for the oil task force for the liberial party of bc,lets let canada know we
are open for business we need jobs jobs.

Who said there will be jobs for locals? Got that in writing?

And one slip up, all that natural beauty that surrounds you will be ruined for years to come.

x

And so it begins, rupertdaily.ca/cgi-bin/show_ … poster.jpg

x

[quote=“DHCollins”]Who said there will be jobs for locals? Got that in writing?

And one slip up, all that natural beauty that surrounds you will be ruined for years to come.

x[/quote]

"- The socio-economic benefits during construction of the project are estimated at $1.52 billion in BC and $1.26 billion in Alberta.

• During the operation of the Gateway Project, the socio-economic benefits are estimated at $107 million per year in BC and $60 million per year in Alberta."

"“The Gateway Project is good news for Kitimat and will provide many opportunities for our community in the future,” said Mayor Richard Wozney of the District of Kitimat. “We have worked hard over the last number of months to attract Enbridge as a corporate citizen and look forward to working with them.”

The Gateway Project is expected to generate thousands of direct jobs during construction and up to 75 permanent jobs for the operation of the pipeline, marine terminal and related facilities."

sqwalk.com/blog/000500.html

Say NO to the PIPELINE & Say NO to Oil Tankers in our waters!!!

Thanks for your opinion Mayor Wozney but we compromised and screwed an entire river system for jobs in your town. Now you think risking oil spills along it and tankers in the Passage is worth 50 more?
Why not build a nuke in that mountain hollowed out for Kemano II while you’re at it? At least Kitimat would assume the bulk of the risk on that, not everyone else for your benefit.