Pinnacle/prpa/pinnacle/pra

This a pre lude for late Monday.

PRPA: im not happy with the “letter” you paid postage for…I will contact the PRPA comment/complaint line and await response to concerns I have…

I’ll keep HTMF aprised…

couldn’t have said it better myself!!! haha

lol

I heard Port Ed is nice…

Not to worry, I hear they are planning to supply everyone who lives between pinnacle and Westview school their own hearing protection this spring so they’ll be able to sit on their decks and open their windows. They are busy painting half of them pink right now so they’ll look more stylish for the ladies.

So far they can’t find any headphone style hearing protection in children’s sizes so for now they will be giving them those little yellow foam ones, but only 1 pair a day per child.

The port is telling everyone that they are monitoring the noise coming from pinnacle, so not to worry. The monitor does not pick up the noises from the belt that runs across the top of the silos or the two big motors on top due to the fact that it is located at ground level and the winds almost never blow straight down from the sky! The noise can be heard many blocks away, depending which way the wind is blowing and how strong.

but its ok…the fed govt approved the project and the port is monitoring it…so for all us whiners …just stfu and swallow!

thats basically my interpretation from the letter sent to households in section 2 area.

[quote=“mcsash”]but its ok…the fed govt approved the project and the port is monitoring it…so for all us whiners …just stfu and swallow!

thats basically my interpretation from the letter sent to households in section 2 area.[/quote]

Suck it up buttercup

Hundreds of households are being disturbed by the noise from pinnacle and the people that are supposed to be monitoring it do not even understand that sound waves travel through the air the same way that waves travel across water!

[quote=“mcsash”]but its ok…the fed govt approved the project and the port is monitoring it…
[/quote]

Actually it was the Port that approved the environmental screening, using delegated powers, and presumably it is the Port that is monitoring compliance. It’s unfortunate that the City boycotted the environmental process, which considered noise and dust issues. If they had participated they might have pushed for independent monitoring.

Since the assessment notices have been sent out in recent weeks it would be interesting to know whether and how much assessed values in the vicinity of the Pinnacle facility have been affected. It was approved and under construction when the assessments were prepared so market values should have started to reflect any impacts.

I think B. Travenn’s comment explains a lot. I wonder what kind of tests the acoustic engineer did for the environmental assessment, oh wait they didn’t even consult with one.

as i eat my yummy peanut butter cup… speedy…aka “im a whore”…just kidding (in a russell peters voice) moderators!!!

but come on!!! when are we going to stop selling our souls for corporate agendas ($$$$) …we see it all over…lng. dead pine beatle infested wood…enbridge…it goes on!!

they alll have their similarities…soo closely related!!

And whos calling the shots? at or on the backs of the locals, the citizens, the people???

NOT I!!!..

where will you be and wat will you do when the govt approves the pipe line…STAND UP NOW!!!

It is true that people have power and there is power in numbers. Its the organizing of all the pissed off people that has to be done, maybe a class action law suit.

I think exposure to the noises from pinnacle may be causing Hyperacusis, the first 1/2 of 20/20 is about this tonight.

This noise factory violates Prince Rupert’s noise by laws on a daily basis.

Prove it ?

I have a solution to your problem.

http://w2pcj36x1bmpwf4v.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/menses-preparation-tampax.jpg