Pig Jig Lost and Found

Just to let people know - there were a few jackets and keys and things left over at the end of the Pig Jig last night, so if you’re missing something you might be able to get it back!

love the hands…

and who shall we contact to get those lost items back???

I am very interested in the hands as well, are they real Tattoos ? Where can I have mine done like that?

I think the design on the hands is like a form of paste. Kind of like the idea of writing letters on a cake. I saw on some documentary of women in India who decorated their hands and arms like that during their wedding.

It’s Henna.

I’d write more about it… but I really don’t know very much, other than yes, it’s an important part in certain cultures’ ceremonies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna#Trad … s_body_art

Henna…

Mehndi is the application of Henna as a temporary form of skin decoration, in South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Somalia.

Henna is typically applied during special occasions like weddings, births, circumcision, birthdays, Zar, and festivals. Henna body art is made by applying henna paste to the skin: the lawsone in the paste migrates into the outermost layer of the skin and makes a red-brown stain. It is usually drawn on the palms and feet, where the color will be darkest because the skin contains higher levels of keratin which binds temporarily to lawsone, the colorant of henna. Henna was used as a form of decoration mainly for brides.

Commercially available henna powder is made by drying the henna leaves and milling them to powder, then the powder is sifted. This powder is mixed with lemon juice, strong tea, or other mildly acidic liquids, as well as essential oils.

I’ve been working with henna for the past year… (i’m still leanring but no one has complained about my designs yet)  -  you can get the powder here in prince rupert - and then mix it.  there are lots of recipes for the final paste on line.  Although there seems to be some secrecy into actual amounts various ingredients.  The best resouce i’ve found is… hennapage.com/

Good luck.

Stay away from black henna as it contains compounds that can cause extreme allergic reactions in some people.