Photos of creeks and lakes near flood level

Above are photos from around Prince Rupert and Highway 16 leading into town as a result of the heavy rains over the past two days.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 01613.html

[quote=“TheNorthernView”]Above are photos from around Prince Rupert and Highway 16 leading into town as a result of the heavy rains over the past two days.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 01613.html[/quote]

Maybe it’s just me, but when I click on the link above there are only captions no photos on the page?

Neither can I see the photos.

Needs to make his picasaweb album public for it to show up :smile:

Should be fixed now. Apologies, still learning the ins and outs of this site. Thanks for the tip Mig.

If it persists let me know.

Still not working !

Works for me !!! Amazing amount of rain.

still no pics

Hmmm, will have to do some looking into this one or alternatives.

I checked it at home and have had people from Williams Lake and Kamloops e-mail me about the pics, but I know some computers in our office will show it while others can’t. Not sure what the site is looking for in terms of viewing, but will check it out.

I don’t know why but I had no problems viewing the pics and they’re great ! Thank you Shawn !

Thanks Shawn.

I went down to Mclymont last night to see and had to leave the area. There is a big time sewer going into the creek. Check it out for your self and take your smell-o-meter.!

Why is there sewage going into the creek ? They just spent a million or so upgrading along there.

2.6 million to be exact.

The problem is that alot of rain water went into the sewer system through flooding houses and overflowing storm drains, which are getting backed up by all the leaves that are getting blown down in all this wind, not to mention more than 20mm of rain per/h at times and extreme ammounts of rain.

The sewage from sherbrook and 9th goes into that new pump house which basiclly has a septic tank only with no bypass, it pumps it back up 9th and down the back of 8th east.

The pumps aren’t designed to pump extreme ammounts of water, there isn’t really a huge ammount of sewer all at one time so they pump once in a while when the float in the tank gets high enough to trigger the pump.