Person of Interest in McCann Case

I’m sure most of you have been watching the news regarding the missing couple from Alberta.  I saw this on facebook, and wanted to share it here in the chance that the guy might be heading this way…

File # 2010-802651
2010-07-16 14:31 PDT

Edmonton, AB- The RCMP is requesting the public’s help in locating a person of interest in the McCann missing persons investigation. The public is asked to call police or Crimestoppers immediately if they have any information regarding the whereabouts of Travis Edward Vader, aged 38, of no fixed address.

* caucaisn male
   * short red hair
   * hazel eyes
   * could have a goatee
   * 6’2 (183 cm)
   * 220 lbs (104 kgs)

Vader has multiple outstanding warrants on unrelated matters and has been known to be in the possession of firearms. Vader has a history of drug abuse. The RCMP is cautioning the public not to approach him as he could pose a threat to public safety.

“Kâ€

Interesting to use HTMF as an aid to assisting Law Enforcement. Kinda like CrimeStoppers gone cyber.

Interesting indeed!  I think this thread is a good idea.  Thanks for this, Cst. Ferman.  :smile:

Travis Edward Vader Arrested on Outstanding Warrants

**EDMONTON, Alberta (July 19, 2010)**—In the early morning of July 19, 2010, the Edmonton RCMP Emergency Response Team with assistance from the Edmonton City Police Tactical Unit and the Fugitive Apprehension Sheriff Support Team (FASST) arrested Travis Edward Vader on outstanding warrants without incident at a rural residence near Ninton Junction. Travis Vader is currently in custody on the outstanding warrants and will be interviewed concerning the McCann missing persons case. The location of Travis Vader’s arrest will be the subject of our continuing investigation.

The search of the area surrounding the SUV recovery site has been completed. The SUV has been examined by the Forensic Identification Unit. The RCMP continues their investigation.

During the course of the investigation, over 130 tips were received on the whereabouts of Travis Vader and 170 plus tips received on the McCanns and the MCCANNS’ vehicles. Investigators still want to hear from anyone who may have seen the light green 2006 Hyundai Tucson license plate number ZPK 289, in the period from July 5th to 16th, 2010. Anyone with information is asked to call Edson Detachment at 780-723-8800 , St. Albert Detachment at 780-458-4300 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

-30-

Media contact:

Sgt. Tim Taniguchi
"K" Division
Strategic Communications Unit
780-412-5260 (media inquiries)

end quote

Source:  rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-nouve … 07-eng.htm

I fear and feel so bad for the family having to sit back a wait to find out their fate. So if it him who may have done it whats he looking at ten each with early probation for good behaviour? Sick…