People from Down South

There’s mine going in up here and I was contacted by one of the contractors the other day. Want us to wire 6 trailers up, 30 jacks installed, 4 switches, router, run out to the sat link about 50m away. Could we do it?
I just came back from there, getting GPS readings for a possible wireless tower. Yes we can.
OKAY! GREAT! We’ll be there tomorrow, can you have it all finished by 7 pm?

The mine’s over an hour north of here. Had to explain there weren’t 30 network jacks or 1,000 ft of outdoor grade Cat5 in the whole town. I have ONE GUY and another from PG who works on call. It’s -23 and snowing like shit, one truck’s in the shop, the other’s propane and barely runs at that temp and the old lady’s pissed I’m using ‘her car’ all the time… which by the way wouldn’t start the last 2 days without major jumpering.
They ran around and got all the jacks, cable, routers and switches in Vancouver to bring up on the plane with them. They’d land at noon and be here by two.
I ran around but my guy here had his wife’s b’day at his in-laws scheduled at 6. The guy in PG - there’s no goddam bus until 4 pm, no trains, no planes and the guy giving him a lift didn’t get off until 4:30 pm, so at best they’d get one guy for 2 hours only…
Then my car would not start at all today. The propane truck would stall every block or so… got to work late.

The guys from Van had called all upset as their flight from Van was cancelled due to snow in PG. The earliest they could get here was Sunday afternoon. Could we schedule for Sunday.
Kudos to my tech guy. He told them bluntly NOT TO BE RETARDED. Make it Monday. Yes that’s right you can get things done in Winnipeg in the winter. Winnipeg’s a CITY not a clearcut full of Atcos 100km past a one gas station town. Do you know there’s no bunks in your camp? Did you know there’s only 2 motels here booked full for months?
I was shitting bricks when I got to work and spent an hour laughing like a maniac when I heard the flights were cancelled.

There simply is no Right Fucking Now in Thwart St. James.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]There’s mine going in up here and I was contacted by one of the contractors the other day. Want us to wire 6 trailers up, 30 jacks installed, 4 switches, router, run out to the sat link about 50m away. Could we do it?
I just came back from there, getting GPS readings for a possible wireless tower. Yes we can.
OKAY! GREAT! We’ll be there tomorrow, can you have it all finished by 7 pm?

The mine’s over an hour north of here. Had to explain there weren’t 30 network jacks or 1,000 ft of outdoor grade Cat5 in the whole town. I have ONE GUY and another from PG who works on call. It’s -23 and snowing like shit, one truck’s in the shop, the other’s propane and barely runs at that temp and the old lady’s pissed I’m using ‘her car’ all the time… which by the way wouldn’t start the last 2 days without major jumpering.
They ran around and got all the jacks, cable, routers and switches in Vancouver to bring up on the plane with them. They’d land at noon and be here by two.
I ran around but my guy here had his wife’s b’day at his in-laws scheduled at 6. The guy in PG - there’s no goddam bus until 4 pm, no trains, no planes and the guy giving him a lift didn’t get off until 4:30 pm, so at best they’d get one guy for 2 hours only…
Then my car would not start at all today. The propane truck would stall every block or so… got to work late.

The guys from Van had called all upset as their flight from Van was cancelled due to snow in PG. The earliest they could get here was Sunday afternoon. Could we schedule for Sunday.
Kudos to my tech guy. He told them bluntly NOT TO BE RETARDED. Make it Monday. Yes that’s right you can get things done in Winnipeg in the winter. Winnipeg’s a CITY not a clearcut full of Atcos 100km past a one gas station town. Do you know there’s no bunks in your camp? Did you know there’s only 2 motels here booked full for months?
I was shitting bricks when I got to work and spent an hour laughing like a maniac when I heard the flights were cancelled.

There simply is no Right Fucking Now in Thwart St. James.[/quote]

LMFAO… love a good storyline after a long day…

I hope these guys don’t try to come Sunday. There’s another snow warning - up to 10" - YXS is likely to be closed.
Plus being the 16th, the privatized road crew’s probably used up their budget. The road north isn’t likely to get plowed on a Sunday. They won’t roll a crew on overtime!
Cancelled a visit to PG to see my daughter as Hwy16 is gonna be ugly tomorrow.