PC Freezups

Mr Freeze is in my pc’s. I am running winxp home ed. Is there anyone else having the same problem when booting up? My laptop takes so friggen long when booting up, causeing boot very slow, even when I refresh the desktop the hour glass is on for a minute or so.

I have it up-to-date with everything, virus, spam, etc…
Also the same with my PC, sometimes when I open a file in windows explorer it takes so long, even when I right click to go to properties.

It’s kind of irritating. :cry:

[quote=“MiG”]Time for a format.

I’m always surprised at how nice even the biggest POS computer can be after a format.

Format it, new install of Windows. It will even smell like a new car.

[/quote]

http://www.artie.com/20030826/arg-dumb-santa-207x165-url.gif

That’s how it feels, I don’t want to format, this happened when I first started using these computers. Maybe a Win XP problem? I did’nt install sp2 because I heard of some bad reviews. Maybe it’s Norton?

If you have 256MB of RAM or less, thats probably the reason. If not, a dis defragger and then run an updated norton antivirus, adaware, and Norton WinDoctor (if you have it). If it still sucks, FORMAT.

If you don’t want to format, you might want to cry about it somewhere else becuase it’s probably the only solution. And what do you mean since you started useing ‘these computers’? They’ve always been like that?

You know what’s intense? Posting on HTMF using lynx.

your little fellow on your avatar is blinking at me!

Yep, it’s always been like that. I am running 512 mb ram. Winxp home,
It’s an upgrade from Windows 98. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I will cry on HTMF shoulders when ever I want.

get pro, and format. Or get a better computer.

don’t listen to (JESUS) he is not the lord. I AM! :smiling_imp:
I was reading some stuff on here, sounds like there are a few people who have a problem with natives and our beautiful competative tourny. :angry:

Is it Jesus, or Hey Zeus?

I have a PC running openbsd (at the moment it’s set up as a bridge) and I’ve surfed the web using lynx…although this OS is good as a Firewall, it’s not my first choice as a desktop.

Mac rules

http://tinyurl.com/5gvn3

[quote=“Wild Gotham”]Mr Freeze is in my pc’s. I am running winxp home ed. Is there anyone else having the same problem when booting up? My laptop takes so friggen long when booting up, causeing boot very slow, even when I refresh the desktop the hour glass is on for a minute or so.

I have it up-to-date with everything, virus, spam, etc…
Also the same with my PC, sometimes when I open a file in windows explorer it takes so long, even when I right click to go to properties.

It’s kind of irritating. :cry:[/quote]

Maybe your lil bro screwed things up while he was using your computer a while ago.

Let your system start. Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, click on the processes. See how many say ‘Norton’ or Symantec? Like 11?
Ininstall Norton. Uninstall the SYmantec updates etc. Load AVG Free and uncheck "restart computer’. Then start it, update it and run it.
Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at AVG processes. Two?
If it’s free of viruses, run AdAware and clean out everything it finds.
THEN download and install SP2 because those people who told you otherwise are morons. You’ll need to reinstall your antivirus because it’ll probably whack it. Choose: do you need 2 processes running or 11?
Don’t bother installing firewalls cuz the XP SP2 is good enuff.
Reformatting works and is easier, but you don’t learn anything that way.

I would install service pack 1/2 but last time i did the performace decrease was pretty high.

I have not noticed any significant decrease in performance. I have noticed a significant increase in annoyance.
STOP POPPING UP WINDOWS AND DO WHAT I CLICKED!
:smile:
I like XP Pro: borrow someone’s XP Pro w SP2 CD and do a “Repair” using your license #, and it’s a lot smoother than straight SP2 install on many boxes.

:unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

nuff said

Dude I have 256 mb ram and if your having troubles with 512 than I have this doubt that your occupation is (computer technician). Maybe you should just switch to a mac, its easier to use and is especially great for the brain-dead or average user.

I like that… :smiley:

I can see a new apple switch ad forming here…
http://www.screenlooking.com/misc/switchellen.jpg

hahaha nice

I definatly liked that one