Palin, targets and crosshairs

[quote=“Eso”]I think I can sum up my feelings by saying that I don’t think Palin is the probem, I think the fact that Palin has an audience is the problem.

She can talk all she wants, I just wish people would stop listening.[/quote]

Not to mention the problem of those who gave her that platform in the first place.

Sarah Palin is a knob, no denying it–but are we actually sure that Loughner was part of Palin’s audience? She can put as many crosshairs on as many people as she wants–but that doesn’t automatically mean that he saw them and acted on it. Just curious.

2nd Amendment solutions… no we’re not inciting anything with rhetoric like that.
What do you expect from a people so brainwashed they invade a country, don’t even think to disarm people (it’s their God given right) and then are shocked they have to spend half a decade as they’re all shooting each other…

We can’t shove the blame for one person’s actions onto another individual. The culture of the US could be blamed but not specifically a Sarah Palin.

However, in one blog it was pointed out that the Sarah Palins of the world and her supporters are usually the people who rail against video games and Hollywood because of the violence and the effect it might have on young people. But when they make inflammatory statements and put crosshairs on maps, they deny that that has any influence.

Not sure if they can have it both ways. (Just as the other side can’t say that video games have no influence but crosshairs on a map do.)

It’s always fun when inconsistencies appear.

[quote=“Soggy”]

Not to mention the problem of those who gave her that platform in the first place.[/quote]

And it seems that some of them are starting to realize that they might have some responsibility in creating the climate that lead to this: Fox News boss ask his hosts to tone it down.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01/10/fox-news-head-tells-hosts-shut-up-tone-it-down-after-giffords/

<- We can’t shove the blame for one person’s actions onto another individual. The culture of the US could be blamed but not specifically a Sarah Palin. ->

Aw c’mon! Everything else is Obama’s fault. Can’t she even get blamed for one little thing?

Palin doesn’t get it

Thom Hartmann does:

When you listen to people like Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, and the rest of the gang — it’s easy to see — these men and women are guilty of something called stochastic terrorism. That is — the use of mass communication like radio or television to encourage individuals to commit random lone acts of violence. It’s what Glenn Beck was guilty of when he encouraged Byron Williams to attempt to massacre members of the Tides foundation and ACLU. It’s what Bill O’ Reilly was guilty of when he shouted “Tiller the baby killer” a dozen times on his show — and then someone killed Dr. George Tiller. And it could be what all these talking heads are guilty of when Jared Lee Loughner took his semi-automatic pistol to a local Safeway grocery store in Tucson on Saturday and attacked his hated “big government” by trying to assassinate a Congresswoman. We are living in a volatile and violent nation today — and if we want to emerge from it — we need to recognize the damage certain people on the Right are doing. They are profiting off their own unique form of terrorism.

Ah geez, now Sarah’s gone and used an old anti-semitic phrase in her denial and now more people are bothered.

if only the nuts would shoot some fucking bankers or industrialists for a change…

Geez, comparing her speech to Obama’s speech … it’s like watching a philosopher king weave oratorical gold only to be interrupted by a shrieking, feces-flinging simian

Now if that is not proof there is a very high percentage of Americans who are smoking the wrong stuff.Palin gets moist when she hears that shit .

My favourite line:

she has some wisdom to walk through an open door

Am I missing some deep metaphorical message? How smart do you have to be to walk through an open door?

Now getting through some closed doors does take talent.

I thought exactly the same thing.
Americans HATE people they know are smarter than them. One day you’ll hear a Teabagger say “What did Einstein know anyway! He wuz a leftist. Joe Duh Plumber knows what’s best.”

I tried to convince an American that Obama was a centrist, not a leftist. Didn’t get far on that one.

He or she probably could not spell never mind saying or agreeing to it .

The unfortunate reality is that the very same radical christian right forces that brought us the tea baggers and created a climate where a nutbar like Palin has a serious influence on National politics are also at play in Canada. As we watch what is happening in the US… it’s well to keep in mind that this is the course that Harper is setting Canada on. Unfortunately both Ignatieff and Layton are powerless to stop it as they cling to their outdated and dangerous belief either has the chance to take power.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

I thought exactly the same thing.
Americans HATE people they know are smarter than them. One day you’ll hear a Teabagger say “What did Einstein know anyway! He wuz a leftist. Joe Duh Plumber knows what’s best.”[/quote]

Aw Geez, I have nothing against Joe the Plumber other than he was more fiction than fact. Another dumb political trick that went wrong for the Tea Party. How many flops and lies do they get before the Americans wise-up?