Oyster Bar

So Many Questions…

Dave says they have additional renovations.
I am hoping they have been working out the bugs and will open soon. I had the Best fish and chips I have ever had in Prince Rupert there.

Best fish and chips? oooh.

Then I do hope they open up again. The best I’ve had, I mean aside from Green apple, were the ones from Bob’s on the rocks, this summer.

[quote=“recycler”]Dave says they have additional renovations.
I am hoping they have been working out the bugs and will open soon. I had the Best fish and chips I have ever had in Prince Rupert there.[/quote]

Somebody kindly ask Dave to pay his bills for the clothing store before he goes sinking all his money into the new business. He tells me to get in line but it appears as though he’s allowing people to bud in front of me that line, and that is poor form. At least send back what is ours if it is not “selling worth shit” as was claimed, and you are not planning on paying for it. We look forward to resolving this once and for all.

[quote=“scottlunn”]

[quote=“recycler”]Dave says they have additional renovations.
I am hoping they have been working out the bugs and will open soon. I had the Best fish and chips I have ever had in Prince Rupert there.[/quote]

Somebody kindly ask Dave to pay his bills for the clothing store before he goes sinking all his money into the new business. He tells me to get in line but it appears as though he’s allowing people to bud in front of me that line, and that is poor form. At least send back what is ours if it is not “selling worth shit” as was claimed, and you are not planning on paying for it. We look forward to resolving this once and for all.[/quote]

Brought to you by the law firm of hacking, the and mainframe, LLB

[quote=“scottlunn”]
Somebody kindly ask Dave to pay his bills for the clothing store before he goes sinking all his money into the new business. He tells me to get in line but it appears as though he’s allowing people to bud in front of me that line, and that is poor form. At least send back what is ours if it is not “selling worth shit” as was claimed, and you are not planning on paying for it. We look forward to resolving this once and for all.[/quote]

Please be aware that you are not completely anonymous on HTMF. You are responsible for what you post here. Please review this section of the HTMF FAQ.

Frequently asked questions about HTMF

^^^^^^ I’m not sure if you realize this, but I used my real name. Anonymity was not a concern…getting our money is.

Then take him to court or whatever. Better than posting his financial details all over the internet. In fact, that in itself could get you into a bit of trouble. :smiley:

Why would that get you into a bit of trouble? It’s not libel or slander if it’s true.

[quote=“MiG”]

Why would that get you into a bit of trouble? It’s not libel or slander if it’s true.[/quote]

I dunno, as a business, would you like your financial details aired in a public forum? Shouldn’t this kind of thing be kept private?

Public embarrassment isn’t a crime… its a business tactic.

Would be good incentive to pay bills, I’d think.

It’s also an invasion of privacy. That’s why bank statements come in envelopes you can’t see through, that’s why banks, don’t publicly announce how much someone is in debt. Just seems to be a pretty low way of getting someone to pay you back.

It’s not a bank doing this. I doubt the two parties involved signed any confidentiality agreement, and if they did, one party not paying probably negates it anyway.

But hey, if he did something wrong by posting here, I’m sure they can take him to court. Would probably be easier to just to pay up, though.

Ya well taking the high road wasn’t all that effective either. As a matter of fact…ahh never mind.

[quote=“MiG”]It’s not a bank doing this. I doubt the two parties involved signed any confidentiality agreement, and if they did, one party not paying probably negates it anyway.

But hey, if he did something wrong by posting here, I’m sure they can take him to court. Would probably be easier to just to pay up, though.[/quote]

I guess. It just seems pretty low to me. Regardless of whether a form was signed or not.

If he hasn’t paid yet, take him to court. If it’s enough money to publicly embarrass someone like that, isn’t it worth having him pay the court fees to get the money back too?

I do recall previous posts where he attempted to do things the nice way. If what he is saying is in fact true then his recent post is justified imo

How about if you went into a restaurant (not the Oyster Bar, but a hypothetical one), paid with a credit card, then a month later got your bill and realized they had ripped you off – charged you $50 more than they should have? The bank won’t help you, you keep calling the restaurant and they ignore you, don’t return your calls, etc.

Would it be ok for you to post on HTMF that restaurant X ripped you off? Or should you continue to try and handle it privately, even if it doesn’t work?

Or how about this? You went into a business and had a bad experience (shitty staff, bad product, whatever). Would it be ok for you to post your complaint (or review) publicly? Or should that be private too?

As far as I can tell, this is a lot bigger than being ripped off for 50$ or having bad service. I usually don’t come on here and post about that sort of stuff anyways. Not that I can remember anyways. If I have, the posts have been few and far in between. It doesn’t get anyone anywhere, to come and post on a forum about a debt. How is potentially ruining the reputation of a business that creates the cash flow, that could be used to pay the guy back, going to help at all?

It just seems like a silly way of going about things. To me anyways.

So you don’t think you should complain about businesses in public, then? It hurts their reputation?