Ottawa enforces rare law to halt "Buy America" @ PR Terminal

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“chien22”]
As for Jabber63’s dislike for Cullen….he seems to keep imagining him in all sorts of strange and unusual (dare we say kinky) political positions.[/quote]

Oddly enough I find myself aligned with Jabber63 a bit. I’m not a fan of Cullen and I find myself in the strange position of trying to find a candidate that I despise the least for the 2015 Federal election. I will most likely vote for Cullen only because I think that Mulcair is the best leader.[/quote]

What? With oil prices falling, the dollar tanking, troops again on the front line and all the other shit going on, neither Trudeau nor Mulcair has come up with a single crime bill to deflect your attention.
That’s leadership!

um hate to say this the conservatives are in power they are the government they are the ones that have to bring in crime bills, not opposition parties, they only have to present their ideas and what they would do different during an election or close to one, they just have to point out what is good or bad about government’s bills

OMG some people just don’t get it and never will.

Yep. Darwin had it right.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]OMG some people just don’t get it and never will.

Maybe you can clarify your statement by explaining what it is that some people just don’t get.[/quote]

Yep. Darwin had it right.

Darwin was right about a lot of things. Care to elaborate?

Herbie… I think you’ve caused a massive conservative brain fart.

What Herbie has caused is someone to question his condescending statement.

How?

There’s be 75% fewer conservatives if they’d just take a laxative…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
There’s be 75% fewer conservatives if they’d just take a laxative…[/quote]

Heh. :smile:

SO after all this squawking about Chinese steel, it seems that Christy Clark and the BC Liberals are the ones who support the use of it:
thetyee.ca/News/2015/01/30/Cheap … el-Duties/
Got to point out - for general construction use, not specifically for the Alaska ferry terminal.

[quote=“Piknic”]

What Herbie has caused is someone to question his condescending statement.[/quote]

This is nothing new. Condescension is the normal around here.

thenorthernview.com/news/290806811.html

here is a thought Nathan instead of asking the government to block the Buy American part, which they did, which caused the project and the jobs related to the project to be cancelled, how about sticking up for your riding for a change, not the jobs nationally because you have your eyes on the prize of Ontario, your first priority is your riding, now your hopeful there is a change of heart from Alaska LOL GOOD LUCK.

Seeing as how you don’t like condescending, how about blunt?
The Americans fucked you over, not Cullen.
When you understand what standing up for you means, comment back.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Seeing as how you don’t like condescending, how about blunt]?
The Americans fucked you over, not Cullen.
When you understand what standing up for you means, comment back.

Wow, you certainly have communication issues.[/quote]

Go to sleep.

so the americans fucked us up, hmmm guess it was the Americans that asked Ottawa to invoke the law to that would fine any Canadian company heavy penalties if they adhered to buy American law on an American project on Canadian land, no it was Nathan that asked Ottawa to do something about it, Nathan fucked us because no terminal upgrade, no work for our contractors and the possiblility of the terminal pulling out, and over what? 2 million in steel, and who did that benefit? Ontario, not Rupert, and here is a thought, even without buy american do you actually think the steel would have come from Ontario? I don’t think so, So again thank you NATHAN for standing up for Ontario and not RUpert, and then he has the gall to say he stood up for Rupert LOL what dream world is he living on

and where did Nathan Cullen or even Jennifer Rice stand up for jobs in Rupert in this dispute? show me where he said anything other then Buy American was not acceptable and the federal government should take action against it.

Well said