Oregon Coast Pictures

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Oregon. I’ve uploaded some pictures of the Coast to my album.

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=445

Looks like BC.

Anyone ever play that game Oregon Trail?

Some parts do, but more parts look very different. I don’t think one would find anything like the Oregon Dunes in BC. The coast is also far more rugged, at least the parts I’ve seen.

i still have my sweatshirt from Netarts! Used to go there lots in early 90s, it’s where I’d live if I had to be American…

Oregon Trail was my favourite game in elementary school… that and a fishing one I can’t remember the name of.

My daughter & her friend used to play Oregon Trail. Her teacher was ‘concerned’ because they always turned them inot cannibals…

Word Munchers was the best game in Elementary school.

I always played this one Math game, where you had to solve math problems to make money and pay for a music video (because you were in a rock band, of course). I can’t remember what it was called, though.

“Math for the Real World”

nah. real world math is calculating the odds of Sister Mengeles getting RSI from whacking the knuckles of kids who get wrong answers.
that’s why 90% of people’s brains hurt thinking about math. Pavlov and all that.

[quote=“Dave”]

Some parts do, but more parts look very different. I don’t think one would find anything like the Oregon Dunes in BC. The coast is also far more rugged, at least the parts I’ve seen.[/quote]

There are dunes by Long Beach. Oregan is nicer though.

Neat. I would have liked more time to explore the oregon dunes, but it’s difficult hiking with a little one, especially in the hot temps. The sealion caves are also a cool place to visit, they are just North of the dunes. But they are expensive to visit, $15 US for my wife and I, Isaac was free.

Warmer, you can get premixed drinks in cans from vending machines, good people.
But I’ve sat on the rocks a Chesterman Beach on peyote and whales were so close they got us wet. And no one else was around but us…

and we still have lots of trees.

[quote=“smartass”]

Oregon Trail was my favourite game in elementary school… that and a fishing one I can’t remember the name of.[/quote]

Odel down under?

[quote=“Nomadic man”]

Oregon Trail was my favourite game in elementary school… that and a fishing one I can’t remember the name of.

Odel down under?[/quote]

Nope. It was a game where you could fish for tons of different species of trout, salmon, char, and stuff like that. If you used the wrong bait, you’d get skunked.

What was that game where you played as a fish and you had to eat other fish or run away, and sometimes you’d get caught by a fisherman or a fishing bird?

Wasn’t it something like, Coral Reef, or am I insane?

Most likely the latter.

CROSS COUNTRY CANADA

Dammit now I’m confused. I think you could do that in the game I’m talking about too.

Cross Country Canada was fun… but I was already past the good age of it when I started playing it.

That’s the one! Man, I was on my way to the bigtime. But then I finished grade 6, and moved to a different school.