Opinions on HSPA and Citywest, round 2

[quote=“Speakuppr”]
Hi MiG, Thanks again for the further clarification. Did a representative from Citywest phone you or did you receive a letter from them or their agents? Who called or signed the letter? [/quote]

I spoke to and received a letter.  There was never a threat of legal action, though some legal terms were discussed.  I’m sure everyone at Citywest knows about the Streisand effect effect by now.

And I don’t really deal with this stuff anymore, not as far as HTMF is concerned.  

You’ll all be happy to know the new owner fielded his first “I don’t read your internet but someone told me what was on your site and I want to complain” phone call yesterday.  I don’t know if he recorded it or not.  Maybe he’ll post it.

“The Streisand effect is an Internet phenomenon where an attempt to censor or remove a piece of information has the unintended consequence of causing the information to be publicized widely and to a greater extent than would have occurred if no censorship had been attempted.” (Wikipedia)

Thanks Mig for clarifying  CityWest indeed contacted you at least twice, one of which was by a letter. Without seeing the letter I have no opinion on whether their request(s) could be characterized as threatening or simply a friendly but formal heads up about being on thin ice. 

It would be nice for posters here to form their  own opinions on what CityWest had to say but this should likely take the form of a FOI request to CityWest for a copy of the letter provided of course that you would have no issues with it being released by CityWest.

As for knowing or learning about the Streisand effect… this is a company that not long ago did not think there was a big demand for mobile data services in PR.

Speaking of the Streisand Effect, here’s the missing thread, as linked in the first page of this thread.

scribd.com/doc/24396736/citywest-hspa

I wonder what part Citywest objected to?

Perhaps it was the concept of freedom of speech or perhaps they had no good answers for the residents of Prince Rupert?