Opera Good!

New Opera 7.23 download is really good on Windows. Faster than other browsers, no Java errors this time [v6 last time I tried it]
You can see the speed diff vs Explorer on my 4 MB DSL…
Can’t get the Linux running though.

that the new version of opera?

i also endorse opera.

edit:
I guess I upgraded and got the 7.5 today, I wasnt not so sure if I was as ok with it as before but now that I’ve got it all trimmed back again it looks better.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]New Opera 7.23 download is really good on Windows. Faster than other browsers, no Java errors this time [v6 last time I tried it]
You can see the speed diff vs Explorer on my 4 MB DSL…
Can’t get the Linux running though.[/quote]

Faster than the mighty firefox ?

Might check this one out, past versions have pissed me off

was that formerly called firebird? tried that one…

still a few bugs in opera. My java menu applet goes in behind the google ads, and their in an adjacent table col. Maybe i need to set z indexes so it knows how to layer them…

fire·bird - (frbûrd)
n.

1. Any of various birds, such as the Baltimore oriole, having bright scarlet or orange plumage.

2. Easily the fastest and most refined web browser available for free. Based on the Mozilla web browser, Firebird (now Firefox) includes many kick-ass features and is more stable than Microsoft’s Interten Exploder.

3. A vehicle which is said to be ‘kick-ass’. Generally includes an American V8, some white dude and AM/FM radio per-set to local country stations.

4. Pontiac’s version of the ‘bitchin Camaro’.

yea there are some bugs in the new opera… something weird happening with the autocomplete, if i type something half in, then use the up arrow to select the one i want, it doesnt go to that site, but another in the typed in list.

???? white boys drive them too?

Doesn’t Opera cost money? And the downloaded version is adware?

I’ve found Safari to be faster.

Just downloaded Opera via bittorrent. I’ve been faithfully using Firebird for several months now, but Opera may have a place. Although I do like the fact that Firebird is a browser only, Opera seems more like Mozilla with mail and chat built in.

Yeah, even on Linux, Konqueror beats Firebird. It’s just so quick.

I like safari best too. !