One new face joins the race for a spot on council

Candidates for November’s municipal election have started filing their papers, and there is at least one new face seeking a spot on council for the next term.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 30344.html

Will be updating this story daily. Yesterday there were to more people who submitted papers for school board

Another candidate has entered the race for mayor:

Underwhelming options for Mayor thus far.

So what is holding you back?

At least there’s an alternate choice now, and it isn’t Jacko.

BTW, can somebody tell us about Corinna Morhart? All I know for the fact that she was a Liberal candidate in the 2008 federal election.

Three more have submitted their names for the school board trustee election, while three have submitted papers in Port Edward

[quote=“PLA”]At least there’s an alternate choice now, and it isn’t Jacko.

BTW, can somebody tell us about Corinna Morhart? All I know for the fact that she was a Liberal candidate in the 2008 federal election.[/quote]

She is a Social Worker , Metis I believe , good person very eager and seems determined to get into helping the city anyway possible. Very approachable person . I just find that she may have a problem of spreading herself too thin when it may comes to issues concerning the community and sometimes she is like Loto 649 and she is everywhere. Nice Lady…

Two more new faces have entered the race for council, while the incumbent Mayor makes it a three-way race.

Now eight people running for council, including another non-incumbent who filed today.

The deadline for people to file papers for this November’s municipal election passed at four p.m. today, and below is the information available at press time.