Oil Spill off the Cali Coast!

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m … story.html

And they want to put a pipeline into Port Simpson

albertaoilmagazine.com/2015/ … -pipeline/

This should sell the idea to anyone who cares about their land and surrounding , no amount of money can make up for any damage that may happen , even the suits in Victoria do not give a shit about you or I .

Agreed!

Great!

Quit driving your car. Grow all your own food. Try hunting and fishing with preindustrial technology. Dress in furs, and quit using a computer. Otherwise, tattoo a large “H” on your forehead.

Alternatively, accept that we live in a world that will be, for the foreseeable future, heavily dependent on oil as an energy source. Recognize that spills are inevitable and hope that when they occur the response is rapid and effective. Know that the Earth is a pretty good at recovering from natural and man-made disasters. Well, maybe not always, - ask the dinosaurs.

If you want to be against something, be against nuclear energy.

I believe if we don’t reduce our dependence on oil, we will be the dinosaurs.

Why should we export oil to China (or natural gas for that matter) and increase their dependence? Won’t we run out that much faster?

The “Jobs+Economy” argument has lost its lustre.

[quote=“Soggy”]I believe if we don’t reduce our dependence on oil, we will be the dinosaurs.

Why should we export oil to China and increase their dependence? Won’t we run out that much faster?

The “Jobs+Economy” argument has lost its lustre.[/quote]

Indeed. We need to shift our dependence away from oil and gradually move towards greener forms of energy. The survival of humanity depends on this shift.

[quote=“Pantagruel”]
If you want to be against something, be against nuclear energy.[/quote]

… seriously?