Obituary

I´ve heard from a few people in Rupert stating that, since the local rag folded, there is no other medium available ( other then Muskeg?) to hear about funeral announcements. I´m just wondering if an administrator could entertain the thought of adding another topic choice to HTMF. With popularity of this site increasing, and one less social media outlet to choose from, would it be a feather in our cap to offer this important information to our local viewers? ´just a thought.

I have to admit, it would take some getting use to…, seeing the O word in the topics page.

It would be nice to have a free service offered by one of our local papers. However, I wouldn’t want to see it on this site. There is too much negative remarks posted here. there are some people out there who are so negative and have nothing nice to say about anything.

I agree, htmf does have an abundance of negativity, Can a thread be created without allowing comments?? I dont think comments should be allowed to be made on an obituary, just my opinion.

Grey Hair, Are you from out of town? There are 3 newspapers in town that can take obituaries. The Prince Rupert Northern View, The Northern Connector and the Northern Daily. Obituaries are placed in them on a regular basis.
If you do live in town and are not recieving the View or Connector call down to the newspaper office as you should be getting them free in your mail box.

Sure, if you want a post not to have comments, let me know. You can e-mail me or any of the moderators and we can make it a no-comment thread.

But this is a discussion forum, not a newspaper. The purpose of this site is for conversation. That’s why people who are used to one-way media have a hard time with it :smile:

[quote=“photoguy”]Grey Hair, Are you from out of town? There are 3 newspapers in town that can take obituaries. The Prince Rupert Northern View, The Northern Connector and the Northern Daily. Obituaries are placed in them on a regular basis.
If you do live in town and are not recieving the View or Connector call down to the newspaper office as you should be getting them free in your mail box.[/quote]

Not trying to be “negative” but really you can’t call two of the three mentioned as “newspapers”, that it would seem would be a bit of a stretch.

Advertorial repositories would be more of an apt description.

Whatever your opinion, they are sources that obituaries can be placed in.