Nvidia

Why do you keep trying to save face man. It’s obvious you have no understanding what so ever of the video card industry. Please spare yourself the humiliation of posting on this forum.

I persoanlly own 2 Nvidia cards. Geforce 3 Pure 64mb ddr and Geforce 4 Ti4200 64mb ddr tv/s-video out, DVI. I like them, ATI may be far superior but i am a Nvidia nazi.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q4/021104/r9700pro-cards-15.html

ATI is better, but dont glorify it like its the god of all video cards and cannot be touched.

I’ll try find that article that mentions the lack of displacement mapping tonight. I only found it mentioned in those words in the one article. But if you read the specs of the card in all the articles, you find that in most of them it only mentions “full DirectX 9 Pixel and Vertex Shaders”. As for the extra registers, shaders, etc., it will be useless. Everything these days is about standardization. Unless the industry adopts those extra shaders and stuff, it’ll just sit there uselessly (is that a word?). Just look at what happened with the original Radeon. It supported doing 3 textures in one pass, as opposed to Nvidia’s 2. How many games made use of that? None. ATI quickly learned that, and it was dropped in the 8500 and up.

Wha7 Russell said.

And 7he FX is no A7I killer! Read abou7 i7 on 7om’s Hardware… i7 sucks for wha7 i7 was supposed 7o be…

7he memoree bandwid7h of 7he A7I is waaaaaaa ahead!

well for nvidias sake hopefully the industry adopts the new bells and whistles that come with the geforce fx. if not then it’ll have to rely on sheer performance in order to have a go at ati’s 9700.

after reading more into these 2 cards it looks like the 9700 will prevail. the fx has a 128 bit ddr2 structure, while the 9700 has a 256 bit ddr structure (soon to be ddr2).

Nah, whether or not the industy supports Nvidia’s proprietary stuff (which they won’t), they’ll still survive… least for a few years. They’ll catch up again eventually. Nobody ever though that ATI would be on top the world, but they played their cards right and Nvidia didn’t. However, the scary thing that I find about this situation is that it is eerily similar to 3Dfx. 3Dfx did the same thing, miss a product cycle, and they went under. Funny thing is, GeforceFX uses tons of 3Dfx technology. Coincidence?

But the same fate won’t come to Nvidia. They have their chipset business and the Xbox to support them as well. I really like the nForce2 chipset. I’m thinking of grabbing one after Christmas.

I like it cuz it was better thant my old car…tnt2 baby…nothing better

My Gamecube is powered by ATI. I think both Nvidia and ATI are excellent chip makers. I personally use Nvidia in my system, but now I guess I have both.