November Council by-election candidates

So who running for council is “left leaning” and who is “right leaning”?

Remember to vote tomorrow at the Civic Center, 8:00 AM- 8:00 PM.

[quote=“PLA”]

The last two right-leaning councils led by Pond aren’t a whole lot competent either.[/quote]

Who said anything about wanting council to be right-leaning? I don’t think an extreme either way is good. The union already was allowed to help create the budget (adding a supposed savings line but keeping the details from the public). If that’s fine with you, then, yes, add another NDP stalwart.

Just saying.

Don’t need to make a 51 word denial that you wanted a right-leaning council.

I know who has my vote but May the best Person Win and Good Luck to all . I just hope that who ever wins will not allow anyone to Muzzle their voice .

Agreed. I like the idea of an open, transparent government. I would like to see fewer in camera decisions.

ACK!!! I dunno who to vote for!

I understand. I was encouraged by the platform of my candidate. Vote for the best candidate.

elections.princerupert.ca/

According to the City of Prince Rupert website, congratulations are in order for Mr. Barry Cunningham for winning the seat on City Council. I hope all the candidates who were not successful will consider running a year from now.

Yes I hope a few of them run in the next election.

Congratulations to Mr. Cunningham. Mr. Randhawa, my choice, came in strongly in second place. It is a bit disappointing to see that only 26.4 perecent of eligible voters participated in this election.

I am sure when it comes to the Big election there will be a very good turnout . Time to clean house and make the change . It just seems like no matter how they make these promises , they always end up in the same stew . I would hope that Barry will make a stand and keep his promise .

I would like to thank the Northern View for their amazing coverage of the bi-election, good on you for keeping us informed.

LOL, yes that was pretty comprehensive of them! Oh if only there were some other place to access information about the North Coast

Looks like we’re on our own…this forum is it.

Not necessarily, you just have to look for them. I find twitter and the #princerupert forum twitter.com/search?q=%23princerupert&src=hash (click on all at the top to get the entire twitter feed) pretty useful in keeping up to speed on things.

There’s also a Reddit forum called PrincerupertBC, but it still seems to be trying to find an audience.

Check out northcoastreview.blogspot.ca. I have no clue who writes this but always current, lots of background information and links, current information on varied topics. My favourite for ‘news’

[quote=“Old major”]

Not necessarily, you just have to look for them. I find twitter and the #princerupert pretty useful in keeping up to speed on things[/quote]

I pretty faithfully read the Northern View, but I quite often find that North Coast Review beats them to ‘press’, as was the case with the election results coverage < northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … amber.html >. Sometimes their coverage is very similar, but I like to read both.

As for the election, as has been noted Mr Randwana came in a pretty strong second. Hopefully he will run in the next general election about a year from now.

[quote=“BTravenn”]

As for the election, as has been noted Mr Randwana came in a pretty strong second. Hopefully he will run in the next general election about a year from now.[/quote]

He will get my vote if he chooses to run again.