Noise bylaw

Just wondering if anyone knows what the noise bylaw is for residential areas of town.

If you’re having a party, invite your neighbours.  Easiest way around it.

After 11pm… don’t be loud or you could get your stereo or whatever is making the noise taken away.  If it’s people that are loud… then they get dispersed.  Unless you’re a jackass, or have a history of non-compliance, you usually get a warning before a fine.

Yep, this is true.  We had a party house in our block and after several complaints from irate people the RCMP came and took their stereo, TV…everything that made noise.  It was wonderful.  heh-heh. :smiley:

24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, the only exception is for construction which is from 7 am to 9 pm, or an permit from the Engineer.

princerupert.ca/admin/editor … _bylaw.pdf

Haha, I love the bit about the loud dogs. Two of my neighbors should have their dogs taken away. Yappy little things.

Hahaha - I always try to keep a handle on my dogs barking - I will yell at them to shush or nail them with the water gun.  I often wonder if it’s worth it - I probably holler way louder than they bark; kind of defeating the purpose sometimes. :wink: