No sports allowed!

Hypocrisy is everywhere!

Arm yourself with sarcasm.  :imp:

OH,NO…large group of  :imp:children :imp: running ALL OVER the court house grounds last night!!!  Hope the police came out in full force to arrest them all…they looked like they were having - dare I say it?? - FUN!!  OMG

No worries. The signs have been removed.

so “who” removed the signs…it wasn’t me…heh heh… and why put them up and then take them down. Maybe just a work creation project for the day…dunno

I think it might have been a joke…

I hope it was a joke.

In a community that has been experiencing high levels of vandalism and crime, it is a shame that boundaries are built which effects positive activities such as recreation. There is a high likelihood that Ridley Island will become inaccessible to the public, the civic centre is closing down during the summer, many of the parks are no longer being maintained and now the court house grounds may be off limits. Prince Rupert experiences long periods of inclement weather where outdoor activities in a little sun can provide some much needed relief and I find it hard to understand the rationale behind some of these decisions.

I heard–and I want to be clear that this is totally unsubstantiated–that it was an employee who made and put up the signs because he or she is tired of cleaning up after dogs and sports, and that the signs came down because that’s not really a new policy.

I saw Mr. Amontie, the owner of third ave. coffee putting them up about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering why he was putting them up, he had his truck on the lawn and glared at me,LOL.