No Power in town! Someone died?

Word on the street is someone was on a roof and was carrying a metal pole hit one of those electric box things and fried himself? I heard he died and thats how the power went out.

Where is there no power? There’s power here.

Also, lots of police cars at the hospital? Related?

Jim West was having work done on his top patio to fix a roof leak. Two were injured and taken to hospital when an aluminum railing which was being removed touched a wire and brought it down. Not sure of extent of injuries on one … one death confirmed. Power should be restored in aprox. three hours if transformer is fried. Kerri at U-Brew had just been out loading a customer’s bottles seconds before right where the wire came down.

I heard it was a window washer that was on top of the All West Glass building, and he fell off the roof and hit the power lines on the way. The railing bit sounds right though.

I do know that the guy that fell wasn’t very old, and a customer of mine. :frowning: My thoughts go out to the family.

Wow, so here’s the version I heard…

You know how some construction crews buddy and and use each other as anchors incase one falls or slips? Apparently between these two workers was the high voltage line running into the building. One guy slipped, the rope caught the power line and both were electricuted… One dead on the scene, and one taken to hospital in critical condition.

Whatever happened, it’s a tragedy. Hopefully the 2nd has a good recovery.

I was there I only witnessed one person being take away after cpr was given for 5 min… i dont know how is. i seen his arm twitch before putting him into the ambulance. i watched the lines give, i think the line was touched by flashing from the roof (again not sure) i saw 14 foot flashing on the road the end black.
i saw the two guys on the roof go in to the house, i then saw the person on the other side of the street being helped, he was already laying down. the power line was flying around like mad cousing sparks and hug white flashes…so im not sure if the power line hit the roofer on the ground. after it broke and fell to the ground. thats what i saw…

Whatever happened, that’s totally awful. :cry:

This is what happened.

Its amazing how one event can seem so different from from a different perspective…

I was at the theater watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my brother. At about 1:30, 5 minutes into the movie, it all stopped adn the lights went out. Everyone in the theater was pissed and wanted their money back. It was such an annoyance…but none of us knew that something so tragic had happened.

So to us the event was nothing but an itch on our backs, but to the person’s family it was the loss of a major part of their lives.

[quote=“zK.k31k1.h1X”]Its amazing how one event can seem so different from from a different perspective…

I was at the theater watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my brother. At about 1:30, 5 minutes into the movie, it all stopped adn the lights went out. Everyone in the theater was pissed and wanted their money back. It was such an annoyance…but none of us knew that something so tragic had happened.

So to us the event was nothing but an itch on our backs, but to the person’s family it was the loss of a major part of their lives.[/quote]

Makes one realize what is actually important.

There was also a body found near the civic centre the night before.

Have they figured out what happened to him/her?

I just heard my dad mention that they found a body… No details yet.

I guess they can’t find it yet! :smiley:

You gotta be kidding me. Holy shit.

Like 4 of my friends dads are roofers.

But who ever it is pray for them and there familys.

At first, i thought you were talking about someone getting hit by lightning. :laughing: