Newly painted buildings downtown

[quote=“DWhite”]The first building I saw with a new paint job, I have to admit, my first reaction was “where did they get the paint?” But I think that was because it stood out so much compared to the drabness around it.

Seeing all the different colours on a whole bunch of different buildings, I am impressed by how good it all looks.[/quote]

Dido

The owners of the St. James restaurant did that a couple yeas ago, the bright colours and all. It looked good, but you’d mistake it for a Mexican place instead of Chinese.
Last year they got in on the Downtown Revitalization project

• Use govamint munny. Everything should look same-same. Same cullahs. Same signage. Same script on signage. Use unemployed, take ten times longer to do work, then they qualify to go back on EI. Town look all new and same-same. Anything but shiny.*
    Right out of Chairman’s Red Book.

@stinkyfeet - you’re kidding, right? I’ll take bright and snazzy over peeling, fading, and grey any day of the week. I can see five new paint jobs from my living room window and I absolutely love it. Love love love love LOVE it. I haven’t been the biggest fan of Mr. Saunders in the past, but props to the man for making a real, tangible difference in this town.

I noticed that they finally actually closed down Audio Vision and cleared all that crap out of the windows. About time too! How long has it been empty like that?

It’s been empty for quite a few months now and the downtown does look better and kudos to all those involved. Went for a nice walk last night and just love the new display on the hill in front of Atlin. Lots of fish ! Great work and the carving set there is beautiful…I always fear when we have something nice though that someone will vandalize it ! Although I LOVE the new color scheme downtown, I hope they don’t get too carried away, be like living in a comic strip !! LOL Maybe throw in a few beiges here and there, something for us dull folks !!

Outside of the bright-ass yellow colours (McLean and Rudderhams…wow, that does not look good!)…everything else looks great (blues, greens and reds)…better than peeling paint and grafitti. Primary yellow is a colour that should NEVER be used to paint any building…it looks VERY bad!

I like it, looks like a bumble bee. Makes me think of summer… Ahhh…

When I first saw the pics I thought “its gotta be some kinda joke”, and those “aways say everything is great even when it isnt” types need to get a grip, and get your eyes and your head checked because that shit looks rediculas. You want to live in a fisher price looking city, really? Because that looks completely fisher price and looks like its for small kids you want it to look like the city has some class not like the inside of a daycare center. May as well paint some cat in hat stuff down across from mcbride market, the tourists will understand the theme when they hit downtown, guarenteed! Ohh well, carry on, nothing wrong with amusing us with your stupidity…“yes it looks great, just what we needed!” Never under-estimate the power of self delusion.

LOL! If I had I choice between living in a Soviet Bloc looking town and a Fisher-Price wonderland, I would choose the later even it makes me feel like I’m high on meth or something.

Damn local hipsters. :smiley:

I agree that some of the colours don’t necessarily go together perfectly (the two greens of Rainforest Books’ new paint job and the old awning for one example) but this weather here is usually a rainbow of greys normally - injecting a little colour into the scenery will only make the town more memorable to visitors, not make them think that we all ride the short bus.

I’m going to miss AudioVision. That place was a portal into the pop culture of 1989.

But yeah I agree. Bright colours are much better than the ‘recession grey’ that seems to be everywhere. Even AudioVision’s posters were all turning the same colour.

There is a saying “If you aren’t part of the solution, you’re part of the problem” - so this self delusional person is asking what are YOU doing to be part of the solution?

He moved out of town.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate. giggle

cudos to Paint Prince Rupert - a small group to make a diference. the boo birds be damned!

I love the new colors and fresh look to the city.Hopefully more building owners will want a bright look or at least clean it up,including city hall.
Thank you to Glen Saunders and all the volunteers who donated all their time for our city.

love the bright colors, are they going to paint the highliner?? lol

Great job folks you all are doing such a super job on the buildings i think the city should look at
doing the civic center and city hall its a eye opener,keep up the good work glen your a real asset
to prince rupert.

congratulations to thse people behind the painting. Wow what a difference. The town almost looks alive. Thank you so much.

The new colours were a wee bit late but are more than welcome. Its a good thing that the eyesore are being converted to eye candy.
It will surely bring new business in town and promote the existing ones also. Or would it ?