New recycling bins

I was just down at the new bins…MY GOD!!what a bunch of PIGS live in PR!There is stuff piled all over the outside of the bins wind blowing it around and soaking wet.Close it down!

I had to laugh at all the fan fare regarding those bins and I just knew that sort of thing just doesn’t work in this town

I figured this would be a stupid idea. There are pigs in this town. Even some folks who go inside the recycling depot are. THOSE BINS ARE NOT FOR GARBAGE Also what bugs me is people who are to lazy to sort their recycling, the depot has even made it easier by combining what goes into bins. And how hard is it to rinse out milk jugs ??

With the amount of people who don’t have access to a vehicle in this town, I believe roadside pick-up is the only answer.

I agree…the site is a total disaster. There is crap all over the road, all over the area in front of the bins, I saw garbage inside the bins, crap all over the place.

I don’t know if it is just people being messy or if it is because of the wind…clearly the wrong type of bins are being used and the design of the drop off area is totally wrong for this city.

Wow this is sure a thread of pure anger.
I found those bins useful and because of my work schedule, I don’t have time to make it there during their open hours.
Im grateful that they provide this service now

This was how it looked yesterday disgusting

[quote=“OMEGA”]Wow this is sure a thread of pure anger.
I found those bins useful and because of my work schedule, I don’t have time to make it there during their open hours.
Im grateful that they provide this service now[/quote]

I don’t think anyone disagrees that this is a great new service…but clearly they mis-calculated how much it would be used and massively undershot on the size of their bins.

They need new bigger bins, or there needs to be people at the depot emptying these more often…the state of those bins in that picture is totally unacceptable!

Part of the problem with these bins as I’ve stated before is their location. Way out in the industrial park where people can just dump garbage etc. without being seen. This new drop off center should be in a well-lit central downtown location, as I’m sure people would be less inclined to dump their crap where all can see instead of using it for recycling - bet your bottom dollar those in our community would not put up with such a mess DT.

However there WAS a location in the parking lot of the Civic Centre. It was also a disaster. Garbage flying everywhere, people dumping their garbage…so I don’t think it matters.

The Northern View has picked up the story on the mess the new bins are creating.

thenorthernview.com/news/279919782.html

[quote=“bthedog”]The Northern View has picked up the story on the mess the new bins are creating.

thenorthernview.com/news/279919782.html[/quote]

The Northern View: when you’re looking for loads of trash.