New prison on digby

Im hearing there is a plan comeing together to build a 200 million doller prison
on digby island and they would be looking at a work force of 200.If this is true
it would be great for rupert ottawa is keeping this top secret.

[quote=“ajaye46”]Im hearing there is a plan comeing together to build a 200 million doller prison
on digby island and they would be looking at a work force of 200.If this is true
it would be great for rupert ottawa is keeping this top secret.[/quote]

It’s top secret, yet you know about it…

That doesn’t seem very top secret to me…

[quote=“ajaye46”]Im hearing there is a plan comeing together to build a 200 million doller prison

I heard it was a loony bin. I’ll count you knowing about it as confirmation.

Why am I giggling uncontrollably?

Breathe D, don’t forget to breathe!

Hey a great idea, as part of the day work program the inmates could work at the airport, you know, baggage handling, security (Jesus would like that process I’m sure), things like that.

Good to have you back there ajaye, things were starting to slow down here on the forums.

So, you have your room already reserved ajaye? Is it the rubber room or the pink one ? Nice to see our certifiable attention seeker is back on board…NOT !

Aw Geez. Really?

Placing an institution of this nature into a community would involve EXTENSIVE community consultation. Picking a spot far removed will add considerable transport risks and costs.

Surprise!

Your compass is a little off ajaye, should be pointing a little to the east

atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … rrace.html

If however you are somehow correct, I have just the name for the new island based penal colony, how about Alcatraz, that’s catchy and could bring in tourists and film crews.

Heh-heh, ajaye46 does indeed provide comic relief here on HTMF. I can confirm ajaye46’s claims. I heard about the new prison while wearing my tinfoil hat. :smile:

[quote=“Smurfette”]Your compass is a little off ajaye, should be pointing a little to the east

atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … rrace.html

If however you are somehow correct, I have just the name for the new island based penal colony, how about Alcatraz, that’s catchy and could bring in tourists and film crews.[/quote]

The good news is Ajay has never been correct on anything, if he was a weatherman and predicted rain Prince Rupert would turn into a dessert.
Do me a favour please Ajay,please perdict the Canucks will not win the Stanley Cup.

This idea of a prison on digby was extensively discussed in one of Bob Lipsett’s Business Admin classes at the college a few years ago. It was around the time that the gov’t was talking of building more prisons throughout bc. I think its a good idea, in 50 some odd years, when the prison is abandoned we could turn it into a tourist trap- like our very own alcatraz.

However, once again the powers that be in the city of prince rupert sat with their hands under their asses and missed out. Terrace is in talks to get a prison…or it already is (cant remember the specifics of that one).

[quote=“StackedSports”]This idea of a prison on digby was extensively discussed in one of Bob Lipsett’s Business Admin classes at the college a few years ago. It was around the time that the gov’t was talking of building more prisons throughout bc. I think its a good idea, in 50 some odd years, when the prison is abandoned we could turn it into a tourist trap- like our very own alcatraz.

However, once again the powers that be in the city of prince rupert sat with their hands under their asses and missed out. Terrace is in talks to get a prison…or it already is (cant remember the specifics of that one).[/quote]

Geez try reading but a few lines above

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17379#p172096

Ajaye has been wrong about everything he’s ever posted on HTMF. Here’s what I wrote last year when he was trying to convince us that Bill Gates & CN had bought Watson Island:

[quote=“sandimas”]Ayjaye, you’ve been 100% wrong about everything you’ve ever written on this site.

So if anybody wants confirmation of something big happening at the mill site, here’s your anti-confirmation. Ayjaye thinks it’s going to be great deal, so it’s going to be the opposite.

I would have been very excited if Ayjaye had actually said that it was bad news for the mill, that would mean that good news was coming.[/quote]

So, rule of thumb is this: whatever Ajaye says is definitely going to happen, the complete opposite will happen. I will start being optimistic for Prince Rupert when Ajaye starts predicting doom and gloom. Because then I know the bad stuff isn’t going to happen.

If Ajaye knows for sure there’s going to be a prison built on digby island, then the complete opposite is true.

200 million dollar prison in 2011 dollars is probably a single RCMP holding cell, without an intercom or pink paint.

This storey is not confirmed and if it is i think we should welcome the idea as we do
need some good jobs.

yes that would definitely revolutionize prince ruperts economy.

actually it might be a good incentive to stay the fuck out of prison or I might have to live here full time! bongggggggg

hee, hee, hee - good one Ajaye46, but would have been more believable if you had posted this one on April 1st. methinks!!

[quote=“upperleftcoast”]yes that would definitely revolutionize prince ruperts economy.

actually it might be a good incentive to stay the fuck out of prison or I might have to live here full time! bongggggggg[/quote]

LOL, it could be like a Canadian Gulag

Yeah because it toally makes sense to build a brand new prison about as far away from the main population of BC as you can get. Give me a break.