New Canon camera

Canon’s brand-new DSLR, just released today:

Did Microsoft get any input on that? Because the menu of buttons is almost as much as MS Word’s.

Every piece of electronics should have buttons for beer and pizza.

[quote=“BigThumb”]Did Microsoft get any input on that? Because the menu of buttons is almost as much as MS Word’s.

Every piece of electronics should have buttons for beer and pizza.[/quote]

Well, this one lets you call Spock. How much better can you get than that?

Ordered it today!

But for real, Feb. 18 or something is a suspected release date for the 20D replacement. That’ll mean my 10D is two generations behind… yet still good enough for me. Good to see that technology is still speeding ahead but sensible technology is slowing down. 7 megapixel consumer cameras? Yeah, because soccer moms print a lot of 16x20s, and I bet they’ll look spectacular coming from the thumbnail-sized CCD.

[quote=“SteveDVS”]Ordered it today!

But for real, Feb. 18 or something is a suspected release date for the 20D replacement. That’ll mean my 10D is two generations behind… yet still good enough for me. Good to see that technology is still speeding ahead but sensible technology is slowing down. 7 megapixel consumer cameras? Yeah, because soccer moms print a lot of 16x20s, and I bet they’ll look spectacular coming from the thumbnail-sized CCD.[/quote]

I’m still pretty happy with my old 2 megapixel Canon. The only thing I wish it had was a more powerful optical zoom and that it took better pictures in the dark. Beyond that it’s perfectly OK since I never print pictures out anyway.