New Canon 50D!

Well big news for photographers shooting Canon. The new 50D has been announced. I’m pasting in the press release below. If this is a camera you have to have give me a shout at Shutter Shack and I’ll put your name on the order list.
Cheers,
Chad

Canon’s new DIGIC 4 image processor fuels the 15.1 megapixel resolution, expanded ISO range and enhanced noise reduction of the new EOS 50D digital SLR
MISSISSAUGA, ON, August 26, 2008 – With the demand for digital SLR cameras reaching unprecedented levels, Canon Canada Inc., the leading provider of digital imaging solutions, is answering the call with the announcement of the next evolution in advanced amateur digital SLR photography, the EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera with 15.1 megapixel resolution and Canon’s new DIGIC 4 image processor. Designed to offer extraordinary quality and image control for the advanced photographer with a passion for the art, the Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR camera includes an expanded ISO range, improved noise reduction, and in-camera photo editing features. Canon has loaded the EOS 50D camera with a number of enhancements and some trickle-down technology from Canon’s professional Digital SLR cameras, as well as a new Creative Auto Mode (CA) that gives users more creative flexibility to make image setting adjustments conveniently without the need to be a photo expert.
Canon has built upon the success of the popular EOS 40D model – which will remain in Canon’s line – with the EOS 50D Digital SLR camera. Expected to be the camera body of choice for advanced amateur photographers this holiday season, the Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR camera carries over the EOS 40D’s 14-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion process for smooth tones, and also includes enhanced noise reduction, especially at higher ISO ranges which will help bring those romantic night time shots into greater focus and clarity. Capable of shooting 6.3 frames per second (fps), the EOS 50D Digital SLR camera is ideal for shooting everything from beautiful night landscapes to fast-action sports.
“Advanced amateur photographers blur the line between the hobbyist and the professional, looking for professional features and capabilities in their equipment that will allow them to capture that awe-inspiring image. Canon is constantly striving to provide these shooters with the most advanced imaging technology, like the new EOS 50D Digital SLR camera, to fuel their passion for photography, and help them achieve their creative potential,â€

They have you working on commission or something?

Heh, at least buy a fricken google ad if you’re going to advertise here :wink:

Spam. :imp:

haha, you all make me laugh.

So how much for the 50D with a kit lens?

The Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR camera is scheduled for October delivery and will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated selling price of $1,449.99*. It will additionally be offered in a kit version with Canon’s EF 17-85mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens at an estimated selling price of $1,799.99* and with the EF-S 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS the estimate selling price is $2049.99.