Nepal Disaster Relief Fundraiser

One night, three great events - Rupert can help Nepal!

Support relief efforts in Nepal by attending a fun loonie and silent auction along with food and beverages upstairs at the Curling Club on Thursday, May 7th from 5 to 8 PM.

If you wish, you may also participate in an OPTIONAL yoga class led by Nepali Dinesh Gautam, being held downstairs in the Curling Club from 5:30 to 6:30 PM. This class is by donation. Be sure to bring your own mat!

All proceeds from this event will go to the Red Cross in order to benefit those devastated by the recent earthquake in Nepal. In addition, the federal government of Canada has pledged to match donations made to relief organizations dollar for dollar, meaning the money you spend at this event will have twice the impact.

Auction items include a 3 day, 2 night tour for two in the Khutzeymateen valued at $4000. donated by Palmerville Adventures, art by local artist Lynn Kerr Cociani, a Persian carpet from the Argosy, and much much more.

If you cannot make it to this event but would still like to donate, an account named “Nepal Relief Fund” has been set up at the Northern Savings Credit Union. Any and all donations will be gratefully accepted.

It’s a worse disaster than we’ve seen so far.
The wedding I went to last summer in Nfld was for my niece. She and her hubby finally took their honeymoon - and went to Everest. After two days without contact they finally got through to say they’re ok. Whole family was shitting bricks. Posted from a cafe that they’d hiked out of camp on foot… end of post. Next day posted the group they were with hiked for two days to get to a town. Stopped the last post as an aftershock hit and everyone ran outside. They’re trying to get out of Nepal still.

I hope your niece and her husband make it home safely, Herbie!

They just did. Sister saw them at Halifax airport changing planes, they’re back in Stephenville.
cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundl … -1.3057186

Did you bid on a loonie auction item last night, but were not able to stay to the end when we did the draw? Check below for your ticket number and then come down the the Argosy at 985 3rd Ave West to claim your prize!!
Red ticket 012791 - baby basket with washcloths, stuffie, onesie, sippy cup, etc
Red ticket 011716 - Wheelhouse growler with 5 fill punchcard
Red ticket 951732 - CannFit punchbag and free exercise session
Red ticket 951585 - cream coloured herringbone throw
Red ticket 012915 - cookbook and ballcap
Red ticket 951766 - gift certificate to the Icehouse Gallery
Red ticket 012495 - gift certificate to Happy Little Clouds Art Studio
Red ticket 011482 - gift certificate to the Icehouse Gallery
Red ticket 012670 - tickets to the 5th Annual Murder Mystery Fundraiser
Red ticket 011845 - three piece original art piece
Red ticket 011227 - laptop skin
Red ticket 011221 - laptop skin
Red ticket 011266 - laptop sleeve

[quote=“guitargrrl”]

If you cannot make it to this event but would still like to donate, an account named “Nepal Relief Fund” has been set up at the Northern Savings Credit Union. Any and all donations will be gratefully accepted.[/quote]

I think this is a good idea. The Nepalese are in dire straits. I made a donation today.