Name dropping on the way to election day

Oh please.  You can not equate teacher’s comments with conspiracy theory. 
It is well known that some newspaper owners are right-of-center individuals.  So it is not a stretch to observe a subtle bias in journalism.  I’m not saying that the Daily News is biased only that bias occurs in some media outlets.
I look forward to balanced coverage in the spring match-up between Mr. Coons and Mr. Pond!

I’ve been accused of making assumptions so please forgive me for pointing out yours.

Pfft…next you’ll be telling me that Rupert Murdoch is a left-wing, commie, pinko.  Rupert is definitely right-of-center!  Hey, George W. Bush loves the “unbiased” reporting on Fox News.
Give me a break, BoNeCrAcKeR:)

I love this dialogue and think it is healthy for us news staff to consider all sides. I follow the arguments here because i find them often enlightening. I would love to read ideas and issues that the Daily News needs to cover during the election.

Trust me when I say this, I encourage feedback. I also will feedback the feedback and hopefully enlightenment ensues.

The fact that you all care so much about what we are doing means we have to listen carefully to both sides this election and present the election coverage with balance and integrity. If I can guarantee you one thing, it will be that I will make every effort to do so. We tried to do it in the federal election and we tried to do it in the municipal election. Sure we had a different publisher then, but she worked for the same company.

Not to give too much away but hopefully we can do better with the provincial election in presenting balanced coverage. That is our role in this community and needs to be reenforced as much as possible.

should have a htmf weekly article in the paper and feature one thread a week  :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you, BakerWriter! 
Equal coverage for both sides is very welcome indeed!  I appreciate your reply.  :smile:

And I’m sure Obama loves the “unbiased” reporting on MSNBC. It works both ways, I think.

LOL, well he might be a little worried about the over exuberance of Chris Matthews, that guy has a serious man crush on the ole President…  :smiley:

GOOGLE , “DETECTING BIAS IN THE MEDIA”  read all 90,800 hits and get back to me

LOL, yeah, that gentleman is over the top! :smiley:

the right wing whines about the left wing media coverage the left wing whines about the right wing media coverage , if both of them are whining then guess what the coverage must be ok in Canada, you can’t equate the coverage in the US ie FOX with coverage in Canada, editorials are different they are opinions of the editor not the reporters that report the news, and most whine even about the reporters coverage, you can’t tell me Vaughn Palmer doesnt rip the government apart but yet I bet most would peg him as anti left wing?

Well if only to resurrect the thread…

Two pics of a smiling Herb in Monday’s Daily, one a submitted photo of happy Libs signing  his nomination forms and the other a well placed advertisement (the hockey draft page now that’s placement) outlining Herb’s campaign…

Over to you NDPers, get those photos in early, once again there is a photo gap happening here, still one spot on the hockey draft page (right below Herb) or hey the Nascar page might have space…

It would seem that the Green party needs a camera though, scarce few shots of their campaign thus far…

And I am sorry to continue to beat a quivering, not yet dead, horse.

The only difference between the two pictures is that one is a paid ad and the other is an unpaid ad. 

It was a submitted photo from Herb’s campaign.  It didn’t have any tie in to a local news story like Hockeyville.  It wasn’t discussing an important issue.

I am not accusing the Daily News of bias here because I am sure that they would be printing pictures of Gary and Lisa if they had them.  I just want to know if the Daily News thinks submitted pictures of politicians are newsworthy.  This is not Sally winning a dance competition or Johnny winning a soccer trophy or Grandma and Grandpa celebrating an anniversary.  This is not a beautiful sunset or a soaring eagle.  This is a politician getting free ad space doing nothing more than what all politicians are doing before an election.

I don’t get it.

It was a submitted photo from Herb’s campaign.  It didn’t have any tie in to a local news story like Hockeyville.  It wasn’t discussing an important issue.

Terrace news local?!