My New Avatar

This summer I’ve been working with photoshop a lot. I’ve never really used it a lot so lately I’ve been fooling around with the different layer styles and filter/distortion stuff. I’ve also worked with a few tutorials.

How many of you use photoshop regularly? Is there some other program you like to work with more?

dude.

chrome and lens flares were cool 7 years ago.

dont bother f’in with tutorials or anything like that…get an idea for a fake picture in your head and just go to town trying to make it as believable as possible.

photoshop is kind of the pits for ‘creating’ something from nothing. i mean… what can you really do? text, blingin’ lens flares and some freehand drawing. it really excels when you are actually editing photos and stuff

that said im not like… the authority on it or anything but i figured i’d tip you into the lens flares and chrome letters being out of style. since a long while.

Yeah, like I said, I just started using it a lot. I don’t really know what’s in style or not, that’s why I posted this. to get some sort of idea about what I’m supposed to be doing with this program.

I think I’m still going to keep it for a while though, since it’s one of the first things I’ve made.

That was the harshest thing i have ever heard someone say to a n00b.

Check out this:

slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/0 … =1&tid=218

Its about POV-Ray, a program, I believe, that is older than Photoshop. Check the Hall of Fame link for some of the stuff that has been created. Eye-popping is all I can say for some of those pics.

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]get an idea for a fake picture in your head and just go to town trying to make it as believable as possible.
[/quote]

[quote=“Ghost3x”]That was the harshest thing i have ever heard someone say to a n00b.
[/quote]

:bulb:

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=277&pos=0

( for some reason the image tag didn’t work today!)

JOOOOO JURK
http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/wm.php?pid=12885&mode=fullsize

Phff… yeah right. 8)

get used to it. Not many nice things are typed from those fingers.

I don’t see why everybody thinks it was mean. I made the topic because I was looking for opinions and advice, and that’s what I got.

go launch yourself to the moon danielle.

i supposed i couldve fawned and ooh’d and awww’d at it, but why not call a spade a spade?

i really laugh at your attempted takedowns, because everytime i put a bustle in your hedgerow I just know i must be doing something right.

plus its the internet. tbone is a big kid and he’ll figure out that i wasnt harshing him personally, just his blingin’ chrome avatar.

a month from now he’s going to go "oh, snap, i be soooo relieved that the alpine scrub clued me into what was sick pics, and what was from '86.

The internet is so tull of smartasses, dumbasses, and bling.
sigh

why the hell do you have to tell him whats cool, shouldnt he decide what he likes?

Holy shit, I’ve started a revolution. Besides, I’m down with the some stuff from 1986.

On a side note, I’m definitely a big kid, I’ve got a few hairs coming along nicely on my chin.

[quote=“VMS”]Check out this:

slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/0 … =1&tid=218

Its about POV-Ray, a program, I believe, that is older than Photoshop. Check the Hall of Fame link for some of the stuff that has been created. Eye-popping is all I can say for some of those pics.[/quote]

Totally wicked!

My favourite one is probably Pearl Harbour.

yes I dig the pearl harbor one as well.

and im telling him the chrome and lens flare isnt cool because everyone and their dog has done it as they progressed through the photoshop tutorials and filters and stuff. as anyone whos worth their salt when it comes to photoshop knows, is that a filter is only spotty ottie dopalicious when used in an application where you cannot immediately identify it.

TO ANSWER T-BONES ORIGINAL POST:
i use photoshop regularly.
to use any other photo manipulation program is a crime against humanity.

on a related note… if someone wants to hook me up with a copy of illustrator i’d be really happy.

mac or windows?

windows.

sigh.

warezzzzzzzzzzzzz

edit