My Mame Cabinet: home build arcade Cabinet

I had totally forgotten about that place. Bobbies was great.

Mike

blaine is that you? you still teaching eSl in Japan?

nineth street maybe right, but I will ask jim/ted when I see them later,

yes, there was a Stop-over, mostly king ed kids there, blaine being one

believe, heheh, yes it started as store, then they opened up the back to

stand ups…oh ya, anyone remember those stretched out bottles they

had there in the windows? the bottles were from all brands, and looked

normal “old style” bottles, but about 2 1/2 feet tall?

also does anyone remember the name of those rockets they had at

northern drugs, that were clear red plastic, and were water/pressure

powered? Anyone still have any of those old model gun kits from toy craft?

mike

virtualtourist.com/travel/No … -BR-1.html

middle of the page, is a bobbies news reference?

oh my god…

sorry for the flood, but bobbies? I remeber that now, I cant believe I forgot about that place?

anyone remember the name of the small grocery store beside jungle jims, and baker boy?

[quote=“daemon”]blaine is that you? you still teaching eSl in Japan?

nineth street maybe right, but I will ask jim/ted when I see them later,

yes, there was a Stop-over, mostly king ed kids there, blaine being one

believe, heheh, yes it started as store, then they opened up the back to

stand ups…oh ya, anyone remember those stretched out bottles they

had there in the windows? the bottles were from all brands, and looked

normal “old style” bottles, but about 2 1/2 feet tall?

also does anyone remember the name of those rockets they had at

northern drugs, that were clear red plastic, and were water/pressure

powered? Anyone still have any of those old model gun kits from toy craft?

mike[/quote]

Yeah, it’s me, though I’m not sure which Mike this is. You’ll have to forgive me, cos I know about a dozen Mikes from Rupert. And yes, I am still teaching English in Japan, as well as doing translating from time to time.

If my memory serves me correctly, the grocery store near Jungle Jim’s and Baker Boy was actually a butcher shop called DeGreef’s. I think there’s a locksmith there now.

Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure that the arcade was actually Fourth Street, not Ninth Street.

The only locksmith we have in town now is Gary’s Lock Shop, beside Eddie’s News and Leanne’s Pet Shop. It’s across the street from the old Shell?? station, where Tim Hortons is now.

Yeah, that’s the one, though I don’t remember there ever being a gas station where Tim Horton’s is now. As I recall, the Shell station was way out on that road that goes toward the ferry terminal/JS McMillan fish cannery.

Come to think of it, the butcher’s shop might have been in Eddie’s News’ current location. It’s been a while. If I were to see the area, it might jog my memory.

It became a fasgas or something like that, then it went under, and is now closed.

Ok, I remember now. In fact, I think I heard the story last time I was in town–something about the guy who owned it having so many personal and/or business problems that he just said screw it, shut the place down and took off. I even heard he put a letter on the front door to the place spelling out the whole sordid story.

Strange as it is, I miss that kinda thing sometimes…

Is this Blain Armstrong From Saratonin?

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]Yeah, that’s the one, though I don’t remember there ever being a gas station where Tim Horton’s is now. As I recall, the Shell station was way out on that road that goes toward the ferry terminal/JS McMillan fish cannery.

Come to think of it, the butcher’s shop might have been in Eddie’s News’ current location. It’s been a while. If I were to see the area, it might jog my memory.[/quote]

Shell was exactly where the Tim Horton’s is now. The gas station on Park Ave used to be a Co-op gas bar. The butcher shop was where Leannes Pet Store is, Eddies used to next to that where Flashpoint just moved out of. Northwest Auto used to be where the second hand store is now. Hope that helps.

Anyone remember the gas station where the theatre is now?

blaine, its mike duncan…

sandy watson filled me in about you good fortune…

Mike Duncan! OK I remember now. I forgot that you used to live around that area. How’ve you been man? And how about Sandy? Is he still in Rupert too?

And yes, this is the same Blain Armstrong from Sarah Tonin. Yngwie wouldn’t be Bobby Page by any chance, would he?

[quote=“fingahz”]

Shell was exactly where the Tim Horton’s is now. The gas station on Park Ave used to be a Co-op gas bar. The butcher shop was where Leannes Pet Store is, Eddies used to next to that where Flashpoint just moved out of. Northwest Auto used to be where the second hand store is now. Hope that helps.

Anyone remember the gas station where the theatre is now?[/quote]

I still don’t remember the Shell station. When did it close down?

It must have closed down in the late eighties or early nineties. Then I think sat there empty for a few years until the environmental cleanup was done. Then along came Timmy’s.

here is an update pic
I have bought Dance Dance Revolution Mats and also 2 Light Guns…
here is GP Rider Hooked up to cab.
http://arcade.ghostintheshell.ca/arcade.jpg

I have a second Bike and two arcade monitors thats I might sell. email if interested.
http://arcade.ghostintheshell.ca

Wow man, that rocks! How hard was it to hook the bike up to the cabinet?

well im still working on the wirring, I have to trace each wire to its function after that i just hook it up to my keyboard emulator, not realy hard but time consuming…lol…

anouther angel
http://www.ghostintheshell.ca/arcade2.jpg