Ms Rice NO SHOW

thanks to North Coast Review for this
northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … gains.html

way to earn your pay Ms Rice, not showing up to vote against the deal and put it on record that you oppose high paying jobs in your riding. maybe you had an emergency to attend to and then maybe you didn’t

What a coward!!

First she shits all over the project last week claiming she is standing up for Prince Rupert and Port Edward…then is a no show for the vote…she is an absolute disgrace!

Time for change! She should be recalled!

Thank god the mayors of Prince Rupert and Port Edward showed up to firmly show that they endorse this project fully…perhaps that is why she did not vote, cause she would have looked like a total hypocrite when the two municipalities she represents are cheering with the Liberals.

Jennifer Rice needs to remember who she is representing and represent us, not the interests of her party!

[quote=“Jabber63”]thanks to North Coast Review for this
northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … gains.html

way to earn your pay Ms Rice, not showing up to vote against the deal and put it on record that you oppose high paying jobs in your riding. maybe you had an emergency to attend to and then maybe you didn’t[/quote]

All fair points in this thread. You could ask her directly about her failure to show up for the vote. I’ve written her on occasion and she has replied to my e-mails.

Contact MLA Rice

thanks again to North Coast Review
northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … visit.html

Do you people really think its that easy to be an MLA? I mean can you understand how hard it is to show up 10 times a month to do your job? Its gruelling.

lol

This is almost getting silly folks.

Jennifer Rice, as a member of the legislature, spoke against the legislation. She voted against the legislation following second reading of the bill. So whether or not she was present for third reading (which is more or less a formality after all the hoopla of second reading) matters little. We know exactly where she stands and her non-vote made absolutely no difference when the Liberal majority was clearly going to win.

I hate repeating myself, but here goes. In the LNG development thread, I said

So I ask: Are people really that upset that she didn’t vote (when her position was already clear and her vote wouldn’t have mattered to the outcome); that she is somehow not doing her job by choosing to honor a commitment to a small village in her riding.

Or are people upset because she did not speak or vote the way you wanted her to.

If the latter then fair enough. That is part of the consequences politicians face but I am not upset that she has done what she has done. And yes, I am a Jennifer supporter (and not just on a party level) but I am also a person who sees the benefits of the proposed project.

The role of the opposition is “ to ensure that legislation is carefully considered, and that differing views on important initiatives are publicly expressed and defended.” The NDP and Andrew Weaver did exactly that. Did anybody expect Jennifer Rice to go rogue?

There is a lot of controversy about the legislation that was passed. In his article opposing the legislation, Martyn Brown, former Gordon Campbell strategist not only said “the Petronas LNG deal is environmentally reckless, fiscally foolhardy, and socially irresponsible”, but he also includes this.

[quote]The Clark government hopes to rush that binding contract into law within the next several days, in the dead of summer, although it is not obliged to do so. Under the terms of the agreement, the enabling legislation need not be passed or put into force before “the end of the session of the Legislative Assembly in Fall, 2015, or such later date as may be agreed between the Parties…”
That is important to know, for it would allow all legislators until at least the end November, or even later if need be, to properly assess that deal. It begs to be expertly parsed and broadly exposed before it is imposed on our province.[/quote]

straight.com/news/488211/mar … on-big-oil

This deal is the blueprint for all future deals. Even thought there was no rush, there was virtually no time to analyze and debate all details. That alone is reason enough to vote against the legislation.

Does that make me shameful or a traitor to Prince Rupert?

People are upset not because of how she would have voted but because what exactly was the business for her riding that was more important? Believe it or not collecting a hefty paycheck for sitting around with a thumb up your ass annoys people.

some of the truest words ever said on this forum … The deal is far from perfect a lot about it I dont understand frankly, however I know of many people already employed in home renovating due to the prospect of LNG … we were to be a welfare community without it… NDP too far left Liberals extreme right the truth is in the middle some where . NDP always believes in a money tree anyway

I would at least be able to respect her decision if she showed up and chose to either vote no or abstain but to just not show up…

Anyone care to dig up how much of our dime she spends on living expenses in Victoria. Perhaps she should return that money since she can’t show up to the one vote in Victoria that directly affects her riding. Probably the only vote that’s affected her riding in a decade or more… pathetic. So where was she? What was more important?

some reserve had a function that she committed to attending

I think she wanted to be seen as neither for or against the deal Big Unions are the grass roots supporters of NDP and they stand to loose some ground with them.
While union have issues with the deal many can see that many will gain work either direct or in direct …

[quote=“jesus”]I would at least be able to respect her decision if she showed up and chose to either vote no or abstain but to just not show up…

Anyone care to dig up how much of our dime she spends on living expenses in Victoria. Perhaps she should return that money since she can’t show up to the one vote in Victoria that directly affects her riding. Probably the only vote that’s affected her riding in a decade or more… pathetic. So where was she? What was more important?[/quote]

That information was released to the public by the Legislature on July 3rd, they provide a breakdown on expenses and offer up a look at some of the receipts in question.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ation.html