Moving to Rupert!

Lunner, my good buddy Peachey told me you were a solid, funny jock, so I’ll have to step it up to prevent any backlash.  :smiley:  Thanks for the tips though, and the names of some local listeners, I appreciate it. Where are you off to, btw?

Something else I forgot to ask about, I’d appreciate if anyone could tell me what apartments to stay away from?? I got faxed out some listings, and I’ve seen the Oasis apartments online, which do look nice…but is there anything nice thats cheaper than $500 a month? I’m looking for a 1 bedroom or a bachelor, and a good view would be cool…and would like to know which ones are worth calling before I get there! Thanks for the help.

ya no worries bro, you will have fun there, rupert is a crazy place and I had a blast.  I’m suprised nobody realized this was me sooner…kind of like batman.

DON"T live at K & C Apartments, repeat, DONT…i came out one morning and got into a huge brawl with some drunk teenagers who threw a bottle at me, you want to avoid living downtown. Oasis is nice, Harbour side is nice, and just aks around when you get there, somebody is always looking for a room mate.  Hey man, while your there, push the limits, that twon will respond well to it, we had alot of fun and did things that weren’t done there before, i left you some audio samples in the ‘funny bits’ folder, you should get a kick out of that. OH, and I’m in Nelson/Castlegar, it only took 20 hours to drive here…so ya, i won’t be driving back anytime soon

P.S.  Who is Peachy? 

If you’re not a party animal and don’t mind old folks, the Skyline Manor is kind of nice, nurses and old folks mostly in there, it’s across from the hospital but only about a ten minute walk to downtown.

If you get the apts on the water side there is quite a nice view of the harbour from them.

Bachelors I think for around 400-450 if I remember correctly

1 bedrooms over 500

There’s also some apts below them with no view at all but still close to town, not sure what they are called or what they charge.

Stay away from the ones on Kootenay, lots of troubles there at times, unless of course you like to get to know the local police who frequently find themselves visiting.

Â

I lived in Harbourside Apartments for awhile.  It was quiet, private, and not too expensive.  Locked parking garage too, and you’re right downtown.  I had a corner 1-bedroom unit with a fireplace on the 4th floor.

I think everyone who works in radio in Prince Rupert has to at one point live in K&C. I hated that place, but if you’re into hearing your fat neighbours humping every night, having no space, and paying way too much - it’s the place for you!

Where is K&C Apartments?

Are these the ones across from City Hall? Above La Cucina and such?

Those are them.

Well I was in the neighbourhood, I just drove by La Cucina today and noticed there is no actual building above it (unless someone is squatting on the roof) but the K and C is the building to the east side of it…

Remember visiting someone in there once, interesting group of tennants though I can’t say that it would have been my first choice for rental accomodations.

Isn’t that where hoshq lived too?

How come it’s mostly journalists and radio people that end up there?

Cause they’re normally bohemian and poor!

that is true!!

I remember making purchases at that place  :confused:

awe Rain isnt gonna be the same without mike lunn  :frowning:

ya Rain will still kick ass, you know the funny thing is, there is not another place like that anywhere in the province, down here in Nelson/Castlegar they have some spots, but nothing can match it.  Here is something else that is strange, they have a pulp mill here that works, isn’t that weird?  people go there everyday, work, then go home.  Thing smells like ass though. 

All pulp mills smell like ass.

Though any politician will insist they smell like money.

Makes you wonder where the politicians get their money from?

That’s what you get for living in Castlegar.  If you lived in Nelson, or even Thrums, you wouldn’t get the Celgar smell.

Yeah, you’d just smell dope smokin hippies instead.