Mount Layton Hotsprings Resort - A rotted cesspool!

Here is a picture of the current state of the Mount Layton Hotsprings Resort…once a place that the Northwest could be proud of…now a rotted cesspool, totally neglected by its current owner.

scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hph … e=54B4E224

This is such a disgrace, it has become a total embarrassment…an absolute eyesore and totally wasted natural resource.

It’s been a shit pit since about 5 years after opening. I don’t think they actually do maintenance until something is either broken or they are forced to.

Its sad to see it in this condition. It was a part of my life since the mid 60’s when the original pools and motel was still there. It started to go down hill when the latest owner decided to do what he wanted with disregard to the history of the “hot springs”. I have heard that the owner has dementia now, but I am not certain of that. The area could be a highly profitable resort to the right owner. We can only hope that someday that the people of the Northwest will be able to enjoy the hot springs again.

Its sad to see it in this condition. It was a part of my life since the mid 60’s when the original pools and motel was still there. It started to go down hill when the latest owner decided to do what he wanted with disregard to the history of the “hot springs”. I have heard that the owner has dementia now, but I am not certain of that. The area could be a highly profitable resort to the right owner. We can only hope that someday that the people of the Northwest will be able to enjoy the hot springs again.