More rumours!

East Wind and Audio Vision are run by the same family. Audio Vision still has inventory from the 1980’s prominantly displayed in their front windows, and to my knowledge, is only open as a tax shelter, as the Wong’s make so much money, they don’t care if they ever get new product there.

East Wind doesn’t have any games of any kind. They only deal with a select few brands of stereo equipment, tv’s, vcr’s, dvd’s, cd’s, discmans, cell phones, small kitchen appliances, and they even now have a couple digital cameras for sale as well. They also rent out dvd’s, and are the cheapest place in town to rent from. Just remember to check the discs before you play them… I’ve rented a couple that have been mucked up on the bottom before.

Whenever I go by there I look in the window display and I get excited thinking “Hey Schindler’s List is coming out on video! What year is this again?”

Do they still have SNES games for sale at Audio Vision for like $30 each? The same price they retailed for when they were new?

[quote=“smartass”]

East Wind and Audio Vision are run by the same family. Audio Vision still has inventory from the 1980’s prominantly displayed in their front windows, and to my knowledge, is only open as a tax shelter, as the Wong’s make so much money, they don’t care if they ever get new product there.

East Wind doesn’t have any games of any kind. They only deal with a select few brands of stereo equipment, tv’s, vcr’s, dvd’s, cd’s, discmans, cell phones, small kitchen appliances, and they even now have a couple digital cameras for sale as well. They also rent out dvd’s, and are the cheapest place in town to rent from. Just remember to check the discs before you play them… I’ve rented a couple that have been mucked up on the bottom before.[/quote]

It’s probably the same display I put up in that window when I was working there! :unamused:

How about a Target?? Costco tends to suck.

how about taking your heads out of the clouds

Maybe they like them up there.

Mike

smartass wrote:

Same crap in the window now as there was when I worked there in [size=18]1987[/size]!!!

[quote=“fingahz”]smartass wrote:

Same crap in the window now as there was when I worked there in [size=18]1987[/size]!!![/quote]

You worked there too? Man, I feel so sorry for you! How long did you work there for? I worked there from the summer of '89 till about '91.

We have 2 prior Audio Vision employees that post here?? How weird.

Next time I walk by there I’ll take pictures for you StarDog… I’m sure you’ll see some familiar stuff.

My dad works for Ray, who runs Audio Vision, and also owns the Neptune Motor Inn. Guy drives him up the wall usually. Isn’t he called “Rip-Off Ray”…the name totally suits him, and I’ve only met the guy a few times. Audio Vision is a joke, I am surprised that place is still open. I don’t understand why anyone would go buy anything there…ever.

this one time in band camp…yikes… no let me start over this one time i brought my sony playstation to be fixed there and i went back a few days latter over the weekend and those basterds had it out front as a demo for customers to play with…was I ever pissed… :blush:

Yeah, that’s what we used to call him back in the day too.

Every now and then I rent a dvd from him, rented ‘Akira’ once. Plus he’s
one of the only guys in town (that I know of) where I can buy anime from.

[quote=“smartass”]We have 2 prior Audio Vision employees that post here?? How weird.

Next time I walk by there I’ll take pictures for you StarDog… I’m sure you’ll see some familiar stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, I’d like to see that. I wonder if they still have those stupid looking baseball caps in the left-hand window with even stupider stuff written on them like “Free Handlebar Mustache Rides” and stuff…

Select or not, let’s back off on it, just a bit. I have never worked there but I have friends who have and still do. They and the store actually make significant donations year-round to several non-profit organizations in the community. It is a Canadian-owned company that actually has a constitution of ethics, unlike the worker-crushing, American-owned, sweat shop-dependent Wal-Mart.
Too often, I hear Zellers employees talking about customers who, instead of calmly stating their problem, yell at them as if they were deliberately trying to screw up their days. A lot of customers have this snobby attitude that they can wipe their feet on big store employees because they know most of them aren’t getting a great wage. If you’re a good customer, know what you’re looking for and treat employees, at any business, with respect, you’ll get the same.
Having, er, a good-sized beer belly, I find Zellers has good quality, VERY affordable pants. Yes, it also has a lot of crap (never buy White-Westinghouse products!) but they at least have an extremely reasonable return policy: no time limit and no receipt required! Not many other stores do that.

[quote=“thanos”]Select or not, let’s back off on it, just a bit. I have never worked there but I have friends who have and still do. They and the store actually make significant donations year-round to several non-profit organizations in the community. It is a Canadian-owned company that actually has a constitution of ethics, unlike the worker-crushing, American-owned, sweat shop-dependent Wal-Mart.
Too often, I hear Zellers employees talking about customers who, instead of calmly stating their problem, yell at them as if they were deliberately trying to screw up their days. A lot of customers have this snobby attitude that they can wipe their feet on big store employees because they know most of them aren’t getting a great wage. If you’re a good customer, know what you’re looking for and treat employees, at any business, with respect, you’ll get the same.
Having, er, a good-sized beer belly, I find Zellers has good quality, VERY affordable pants. Yes, it also has a lot of crap (never buy White-Westinghouse products!) but they at least have an extremely reasonable return policy: no time limit and no receipt required! Not many other stores do that.[/quote]

shut up already …the store sucks…it may be a great store or buisness and may do lots for the community but it still sucks it is not on the same level as the one in terrace… i know employees who think there store sucks and go to wallmart in terrace…lol…

And then you woke up the next day and muttered to yourself, “I don’t ever want to be like that again.”

ok… :unamused: