More MSN Messenger issues

Hey y’all

Anita can no longer log into msn messenger, with any client, from her laptop. Internet connection is functioning normally. Both hers and my msn .net account work on my computer, neither on hers. Does not appear to be even connecting to any sort of MSN server when you attempt to connect, because the error message saying “The Messenger Server is Unavailable” or whatever pops up very quickly.

Ran Spybot and stuff, didn’t find anything, tried Trillian. Nothing.

Tried disabling the Windows XP firewall, didn’t help.

Does anyone have any ideas? It smells to be like a blocked port or something, but I don’t see how that could have happened. Hasn’t been working for about 5 days, and worked fine before that.

Happens from time to time, but i do not know how it is resolved. I usually disconnect or try again later.

[quote=“Eso”]Hey y’all

Anita can no longer log into msn messenger, with any client, from her laptop. Internet connection is functioning normally. Both hers and my msn .net account work on my computer, neither on hers. Does not appear to be even connecting to any sort of MSN server when you attempt to connect, because the error message saying “The Messenger Server is Unavailable” or whatever pops up very quickly.

Ran Spybot and stuff, didn’t find anything, tried Trillian. Nothing.

Tried disabling the Windows XP firewall, didn’t help.

Does anyone have any ideas? It smells to be like a blocked port or something, but I don’t see how that could have happened. Hasn’t been working for about 5 days, and worked fine before that.[/quote]

happens to me all the time too! it’s been doing that a lot more lately though…makes me mad :imp: