More Katrina

"The pointless snide remarks Of hammerhead sharks " :blush:

is this *Der Spiegel * artical for real mig?

Snopes talks about it a bit, they have it as ā€œundeterminedā€ ā€“ so Iā€™d say 50/50ā€¦

snopes.com/quotes/brazil.htm

Heā€™s said much crazier things in the past, so I wouldnā€™t doubt it.

politicalhumor.about.com/library ā€¦ quotes.htm

Dumb stuff said about Katrina:

politicalhumor.about.com/od/curr ā€¦ quotes.htm

ā€œBrownie, youā€™re doing a heck of a job.ā€ Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œPresident Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring Hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005

ā€œYou simply get chills every time you see these poor individualsā€¦many of these people, almost all of them that we see are so poor and they are so black, and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story unfold.ā€ --CNNā€™s Wolf Blitzer, on New Orleansā€™ hurricane refugees, Sept. 1, 2005

ā€œWeā€™ve got a lot of rebuilding to do ā€¦ The good news is Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ and itā€™s hard for some to see it now Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lottā€™s house Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ heā€™s lost his entire house Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ thereā€™s going to be a fantastic house. And Iā€™m looking forward to sitting on the porch.ā€ (Laughter) Ć¢ā‚¬ā€President Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

And this is great:

ā€œThank President Clinton and former President Bush for their strong statements of support and comfort today. I thank all the leaders that are coming to Louisiana, and Mississippi and Alabama to our help and rescue. We are grateful for the military assets that are being brought to bear. I want to thank Senator Frist and Senator Reid for their extraordinary efforts. Anderson, tonight, I donā€™t know if youā€™ve heard Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ maybe you all have announced it ā€“ but Congress is going to an unprecedented session to pass a $10 billion supplemental bill tonight to keep FEMA and the Red Cross up and operating.ā€ Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œSen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA), to CNNā€™s Anderson Cooper, Aug. 31, 2005, to which Cooper responded:

ā€œI havenā€™t heard that, because, for the last four days, Iā€™ve been seeing dead bodies in the streets here in Mississippi. And to listen to politicians thanking each other and complimenting each other, you know, I got to tell you, there are a lot of people here who are very upset, and very angry, and very frustrated. And when they hear politicians slap Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ you know, thanking one another, it just, you know, it kind of cuts them the wrong way right now, because literally there was a body on the streets of this town yesterday being eaten by rats because this woman had been laying in the street for 48 hours. And thereā€™s not enough facilities to take her up. Do you get the anger that is out here?ā€

ā€œI donā€™t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.ā€ Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œPresident Bush, on ā€œGood Morning America,ā€ Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

I think whatā€™s happening, finally, is that the mainstream media is no longer drinking the cool aid. To have Anderson Cooper challenge them like that, to have even Fox news criticizing the government is very different.

Hereā€™s a Louisiana Senator taking off the gloves:

washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ā€¦ 007042.php

President Bush, selltheranch.com/ .

Clinton we failed the people http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/05/clinton.katrina/index.html

I miss Bill.

Itā€™s very interesting that New Orleans is basically a soon-to-be Ghost town. A town the size of Edmonton just layed to waste. Completely obliterated. Too costly to rebuild it, so abandon it.

Where are girls going to get beads now? Stage 13? Thatā€™s over with tooā€¦

:laughing: it will be back might take 6 months, but dont worry there will be beads againā€¦

Did you see Bush laughing it up as he said he used to party in New Orleans? And then he uses Senator Lott losing his house as an example of the hardships, rather than the people who *canā€™t * easily afford to rebuild and relocate. All the while heā€™s talking, no matter how terrible the tragedy, he frickinā€™ smirks! They can gun down Kennedy and King but there are no lunatics to put a hole in this assholeā€™s head??

yes its very sad, now they are looking at FEMA Director Michael Brown and his lack of Credentials, heads need to role, thats for sure, USA is no better at handling a disaster after 9/11. You would think they would be all over it, but nope 5 days it took to get relief and 2 weeks latter theres still removing people. BUSH should be brought up on charges of crimes against humaity. but I know it wont happen, but the cool thing about this is that Former first Ladie MS. Clinten will probably run for President 2008.

Was it a problem with Brownā€™s lack of experience or a problem stemming from a 44% cut in FEMAā€™s budget?

washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ā€¦ 007023.php

On the subject, did anyone catch Global news the other night, forgot which night though. But they showed Cuba preparing for the Huricanes when they are WARNED (USA TAKE NOTES), when they were warned, the Cuban Government established a large amount of buses, transportations, SHELTER for their people. And all of them made it safe, in time, and made it back home when it was safe.

That is why we see all those sad situations on tv, the USA government had time to prepare like someone already mentioned on this forum site. Thatā€™s just too sad, now they are calling their very own citizens, Refugees. (spelling everywhere) But I am not into grammer especially when new computer lingo is out there.

U S A !

U shouldā€™ve Actedsoonr

Astro, donā€™t take this the wrong way but canā€™t you make an effort about your spelling or maybe your typing?

Maybe his apostrophe key isnā€™t working or his pinkie finger is broken on his right hand. Geee Thumb have a little compassion.

sorry again for my spelling, I spell Phonically, sorry about that, but thats how my brain works, live with it, I haveā€¦lolā€¦

now i will apolagise now and for past postā€™s and future postā€™s i will try but dont count on anythingā€¦

[quote=ā€œAstrothugā€]sorry again for my spelling, I spell Phonically, sorry about that, but thats how my brain works, live with it, I haveā€¦lolā€¦

now i will apolagise now and for past postā€™s and future postā€™s i will try but dont count on anythingā€¦[/quote]

I give up!! I am sorry about your broken phalanges.