More changes at Rupert Square

Looks like work is finally starting on the exterior of the building on the 2nd Avenue side…new signage boxes are being installed all along that entire side of the building.

Also looks like Kidz Quest has closed down and a new Tobacconist (Express Way) is opening up across from Shoppers & Dollarama.

There is also something happening in the spot where “Your Dollar Store” had it’s 2nd location, they have put in a set of exterior doors in that unit and renovations appear to be happening…wonder what will be going in there, since they require the exterior doors to be open after mall hours.

Something is also going into the Fields location once that store closes down…wonder what that could be?

Apparently the Mall is trying to get Air Canada to come back into the mall in the spot that used to be a dollar store. There will not be a check-in, just a waiting area while waiting for the bus. Air Canada likes having the check-in counter out at the airport, since they don’t have to take responsibility for baggage until it is checked in. There are rumours that there will be space left over for WestJet if they decide to come to Rupert.

So that is what is going in that location then? They are trying to lure Air Canada back?

Where is this “coffee shop” going that everyone is talking about?

wonderful news if it pans out, that Air Canada comes back into the mall, even w.o. check in available it will sure beat standing around in the Highliner door way… West Jet “Regional” coming possibly as well is wonderful, as Rupert was mentioned in an article about their new West Jet regional service starting in the next couple years…

Tom Cheng at RS has, and is working the scene on behalf of all the partners and as you can see, is doing a bang-up job! Fantastic to see the RS being restored to a full blown shopping center again. Like it was back in the '80’s.

Now they just need to get more natural light throughout the building and they’ll be golden.

Yeah , Lighting always works for me …Lol , I would like to see more merchants and less kids running around all out of control . It would be nice to see West Jet come to town and see if charges to ge out of here go down to a good price.

[quote=“bthedog”]

So that is what is going in that location then? They are trying to lure Air Canada back?

Where is this “coffee shop” going that everyone is talking about?[/quote]

It’s a little express place beside the all natural food store. I don’t think it is an eat-in shop!

[quote=“bthedog”]Looks like work is finally starting on the exterior of the building on the 2nd Avenue side…new signage boxes are being installed all along that entire side of the building.

Also looks like Kidz Quest has closed down and a new Tobacconist (Express Way) is opening up across from Shoppers & Dollarama.

There is also something happening in the spot where “Your Dollar Store” had it’s 2nd location, they have put in a set of exterior doors in that unit and renovations appear to be happening…wonder what will be going in there, since they require the exterior doors to be open after mall hours.

Something is also going into the Fields location once that store closes down…wonder what that could be?[/quote]

PROGRESS IS LOOMING. About time.

they need to make more places to eat in the mall too that would be great.

[quote=“codybear933”]

Where is this “coffee shop” going that everyone is talking about?
It’s a little express place beside the all natural food store. I don’t think it is an eat-in shop![/quote]

I would hardly call that a coffeeshop…it looks more like a Tobacconist/Convenience, similar to a Sheffield Express that they have in other malls.

[quote=“bthedog”]
I would hardly call that a coffeeshop…it looks more like a Tobacconist/Convenience, similar to a Sheffield Express that they have in other malls.[/quote]

That’s exactly what the shop is; a small convienience/tobacco/magazines etc shop. Not a coffee shop.

The newly renovated wall of the old Dollar Store, now has exterior doors instead of a broken wall where the car drove through it. That space will be used as an employment office and training space for Walmart and Dollarama until something else eventually takes over on a permanent basis.

The new light boxes on the 2nd Ave side should brighten up that side of the mall quite nicely, especially at night!

Number One Fast Foods has been an anchor eating establishmment in the RS Mall for years!!! I mmiss their Fishermman’s Chowder & Calamari. They definitely have a variety of food to choose fromm. It has a funny layout in regards of seating. … food court seating LOL. All the food court comments mmake mme chuckle! It is a bit noisy there when it’s busy.
I absolutely love what Naomi did in renovating and updating the old Rupert Deli. Naomi polled her custommers beforehand to get their opinion on what they thought of the old Rupert. She took into consideration her valued custommers ideas on what changes they would like to see immplemented. How mmany business owners do this sort of thing? I can’t praise Naomi enough for this! Way to go, Naomi!!!
isabelydancer00