More BC Ferry screw ups!

So tonight’s BC ferry from Port Hardy was almost 3 hours late docking… why?? Ooooh because the ferry couldn’t take the inside passage up the coast because it had NO STEERING! They had to take the safe approach and take the slightly longer way up.

I’m not sure what ferry it was, but it docked successfully in Rupert around 1am.

Nothing finer than laying down freestyle raps (is “rap” both a noun and a verb???) in the lower Rupert Square parking lot at 2am, and then rapping for the cop.

[quote=“smartass”]So tonight’s BC ferry from Port Hardy was almost 3 hours late docking… why?? Ooooh because the ferry couldn’t take the inside passage up the coast because it had NO STEERING! They had to take the safe approach and take the slightly longer way up.

I’m not sure what ferry it was, but it docked successfully in Rupert around 1am.[/quote]

Your right about that, I was working that shift it was quite long. I got overtime out of it though so it made me happy. However I believe the steering didn’t actually “fail” there was a small error in something and they wanted to play it safe. Turned out nothing was actually wrong and everyone was safe.

I love how they blamed the other one on “a faulty cotter-pin”. Cotter-pins don’t fail. They are either installed incorrectly, or not installed at all. I’m leaning more towards the latter.

The thing about that situation that I found odd, you know besides the whole ferry crashing into all the boats, was when they said on the news that the cotter pin that was the source of the problem cost about $1.00. Where the hell are they buying their cotter pins from, the US Army?
“I’ll take one hammer please…$600!!! What the…?”