Mmm . . . seal heart!

Thought it was pretty cool to see Gov. General Michaelle Jean eating seal heart in Nunavut yesterday, joining the Inuit in one of their feasts. She had to know it was going to freak out those European Union morons.

I’m wondering, is there anything Canada can do to retaliate to the EU’s ban?

Stop buying VW’s, refuse to drink any British ales, swear off pizza and deli meats of italian persuasian, boycott the UEFA cup championship tomorrow…

Then again we could rename french fries freedom fries, but that didn’t work out so well the last time it was tried… :smiley:

We already renamed them.
They’ve been called “chips” forever. Only the Yanks are too dumb they need to call them french fries.
(I actually ordered Fish & Chips once in N California. The waitress actually ducked over to the store next door and bought goddam Lay’s chips, and thought she was doing us a big favour…)

[quote=“ThePodunkian”]
Stop buying VW’s, refuse to drink any British ales, swear off pizza and deli meats of italian persuasian, boycott the UEFA cup championship tomorrow…[/quote]

UEFA cup championship final was on last Wednesday, on May 20th.  Shakhtar Donetsk won.

The UEFA Champions League final is on tomorrow, though :wink: 

What’s UEFA? :wink:

United European Football Association? I have no idea…

Union of European Football Associations.  The body that governs football in Europe.

UEFA Champions League is a competition of the top teams of each of the European Leagues.

The final is being played in Rome tomorrow between Barcelona and Manchester United.  The winner goes on to Tokyo next year to play for the FIFA Club World Cup.

The South America Champions League, the * Copa Libertadores*, is sometimes called “The Tokyo Project” in Portuguese.  Which I thought was really funny for some reason.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projeto_Tóquio

More information than you ever needed!

Michaelle Jean seemed to get some cautiously positive coverage from the British media, including the Guardian which noted that as well as being Governor General she is chief scout of Canada. Her proficiency with an ulu was also noted. I’d hold off on boycotting British ale for now …