MiG-28s

bullshit

Man, I thought the bullshit-cough was so cool when I saw that movie. I was using it for months!

I miss the '80s.

And no, I’m not a “know-it-all” – I just look things up and read about them before I take somebody on. You’ll note that there are topics I won’t touch, 'cause I have no clue about them.

Sorry guys but I have to jump in too:

[quote] CHARLIE
You were in a 4G inverted dive with
a MiG 21? (She can’t believe it.)

At what range ?

MAVERICK

Two.

CHARLIE

Two miles.

MAVERICK

Two meters.

Chuckles, barely suppressed. Goose pipes up to deflect
attention.

GOOSE

One and a half, actually. I got a
polaroid.

CHARLIE
(Flatly.)

Lieutenant…
MAVERICK
Ma’am?

CHARLIE

What were you doing there?

MAVERICK

Giving him the bird.

Open laughter. She thinks it’s at her. She grows red.

CHARLIE

The what?

MAVERICK

You know. The finger.

He shows her, but she can handle this. [/quote]

MiG-28, not MiG-21. MiG-28 isn’t a real plane (all the MiGs have odd numbers). Which is probably why they used it in the movie. The MiG-28s were really F-5s, I think.

Good news / bad news (from cbc.ca):

“A BC Supreme Court justice has decided against fining the BC Teachers’ Federation for its ongoing illegal strike action, but she is cutting off BCTF strike pay to teachers.”

Funny thing.
I was looking for Top Gun scripts to get that segment and all the ones I found say Mig 21. Maybe the written script had 21 but last minute legal stuff made them change it to 28. Now I can’t find my DVD copy ( given to me by the russian) to check the actual dialogue but I found another site (http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1312/page3) which uses Mig 28 when describing the scene.

imdb.com/title/tt0092099/trivia

Read down where it talks about the planes.

Also, you’ve inspired me to fish out the DVD… I’m such a geek:

menino.com/temp/mig28.mov

Dude, that was awesome.

Yup! That was so much better than the script. There was a lot of differences between what I copied and pasted and the actual movie. Good changes too.