May 21, 2011 The Rapture

were will you be?

Got my truck ready today lugged tires around. Forgot about the Rapture. Thankfully avoided the Rupture, too!

I’m currently making dinner, I am hopeful that the apocalypse will hold off until we finish the main course.

hitest notes that zombies are not shambling down Sloan Avenue

LOL.

Yeah, I got word from my friends on the other side of the pond, that all was okay over there. So I was pretty confident I’d be fine.

So, does this mean I’m not a sinner? Or I am a sinner? :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re in God’s Country, that 3 week window after the snow melts and before the bugs come.
Who needs the Rapture?

I have been following this story for over a month now. Check their site at familyradio.com and get all the details. 200,000,000 would be saved and the rest of us would be swallowed by earthquakes or tormented by locusts with the sting of a scorpion for five months before the world actually exploded on Oct. 21.

According to today’s Globe and Mail, “Mr. Camping’s radio stations, TV channels, satellite broadcasts and website are controlled from a modest building sandwiched between an auto shop and a palm reader’s business.” I love the fact that it is next door to a palm reader. I wonder if Camping had his palm read before making the prediction.

While it would appear that it is highly entertaining and a lot of chuckles can be made (I love Astro’s photo) there is a serious side to this.

That church has made millions over the years including a bundle since their prediction. Why on earth they would be collecting money if the earth was going to end …

Maybe, Camping and his church should be charged with fraud and extortion for any money they have received since the prediction was made. Sure the people who believed and gave up money are fools, but gullible people have been scammed all the time and the scammers are arrested and go to jail. Just because he is trying to hide behind the “legitimacy” of a church is no defense.

My friend was thinking of taking wagers from those who believed… I mean, if they went to heaven after all, and he died, they’d get their money back right? :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL

Believers confused as Judgment Day doesn’t come ~ The Globe and Mail

theglobeandmail.com/news/wor … le2031033/

Somebody today, admitted that they hadn’t been paying careful attention to all the news about the Rapture and thought that all the talk was about the (Toronto) Raptors.

Now I am beginning to think that the world will end not when Jesus returns but when raptors return - Jurassic Park style.

[quote=“DWhite”]Somebody today, admitted that they hadn’t been paying careful attention to all the news about the Rapture and thought that all the talk was about the (Toronto) Raptors.

Now I am beginning to think that the world will end not when Jesus returns but when raptors return - Jurassic Park style.[/quote]

This is how I felt about it as well.

Rapture? We’ll be fine unless they figure out how to open doors!

Students told me (jokingly) that they didn’t feel they had to do homework because the world was going to end anyway.

The workers at family radio were given Friday off - with pay! You’ve got to love that.

Camping is supposed to speak tonight, but here is his first public appearance.

huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/2 … 65844.html

No wonder, Judgment Day was invisible. And now we can count down five more months.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/und … _blog.html

And he is still taking donations.

christianpost.com/news/harol … ure-50438/

[quote=“DWhite”]No wonder, Judgment Day was invisible. And now we can count down five more months.
[/quote]

Good! At least we get to watch the end of the playoffs!

The Rapture!!! The Rapture!!! We’re INNNNNNNNN !!!