Mavericks iOS7

[quote=“jase”]

I would check all of the services that are running at start-up in the background that you don’t need. I would also pick a different version of Linux (like Xubuntu). The stock version of Ubuntu is not light on resources. I get 3-4 hours of battery life on my old Acer netbook running Slackware-current and XFCE. But, each to his own. Good to hear that windows has good battery life.

Right now on my desk, as I type this, there are 2 windows laptops, an Xubuntu laptop, and a Macbook Air.

The Windows ones have the worst battery life. The Xubuntu one (a Dell) also has Windows, but when I want long battery life, I boot into Xubuntu.

Good read: Why do Windows PCs have such terrible battery life compared to Mac and iOS?, which also references Why Does Windows have terrible battery life?

TL;DR version: on similar (or exactly the same) hardware, Windows battery life is usually 25%-40% worse than Mac OS X, iOS, or the various Linuxes (included Android).

Will try this right now, downloading @ 3.2mb should be done soon :smile:

Using Mavericks for about three weeks now. Boring.
Didn’t even try to sneak in 37,000 other unwanted programs when I installed it. No popups watning me of the 93,515 errors PC Compromiser Pro found, no searches that went to Conduit shit instead of Google. No great mysteries like just what Norton fixed and won’t tell you.