Maternity Records going to the Hospital

Cute JC!! :smile:

As mentioned before, it would be ok for a pilot project and voluntary consent from the expecting mothers. Yes there are pros and cons to any new situation. It is my hope that those physicians who do have expecting mothers do not lose income from those check ups and have the costs go up at the hospital. As mentioned before, a friend of mine went into practice to help people and upon completion and getting into practice shared his thoughts and concerns, it is a business. The more patients one sees, invoice is sent and the more money they receive. I am unsure if they need a business license on top of the other professional fees they pay?

It is when it is mandatory and many expected mothers do not have a choice even if their family physician does deliver babies. With my first post in September, one expected mother has not heard yet from the clinic about her next prenatal check up and is going to see her family doctor this week. One day a week for the clinic, Thursdays does not work for everyone, so is this convenience for the doctors or the patients? As I have found out lately, their is at least one doctor who will continue to see his expecting mothers through their pregnancy and that is terrific as both mother and baby will receive post natal care also.

Perhaps the hospital is a good idea, expanding the 3rd floor maternity and nursery could be looked at as Dr. Pienaar also has his office close by. My objection is that in neighbouring communities, doctors do have their own offices outside the hospital. We have many doctors who have their own practices in their own clinic and pay to the city’s tax base.

It is my hope those without a physician do have one now, but again I have not heard of any reports, so if there is someone out there who knows, please let me know. And what are the plans for 4th floor? Thank you.