Massacre at Virginia Tech: 29 Confirmed Dead

Crazy! Somebody killed alot of people here is a link:

abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045574

yep crazy…but ya its our right to carry guns,
guns don’t kill people,
people kill people,
I’m so glad we live in canada the true land of the free…

Well I like Canada as well, but, there have been some rather high profile shootings at universities in our country.

L’ecole Polytechnique of 1989  and Dawson College last year.

Not to mention the other high profile shootings of recent times.

So, insanity is not  the domain of the USA… just to keep things in perspective.

I feel very sorry for those at Virginia Tech and their teachers, parents and friends

I’m glad we live in Canada where it is a bit more difficult to get a gun.

Bets on it being some loser who couldnt get a date so he decided to exact his revenge?

now its 33 reported dead and tons of injuries. One of the shooters died at the scene

There was more then One???

Absolute mayhem…those poor people.  How horrible!! :cry:

CNN Story

I’m still waiting for Fox News to put the “violent video games” spin on it.

see Podunkian’s post. That creep at Polytechnique made sure of that.

Agreed.  We are not immune to horror.  I heard on the news that universities, schools will be reviewing safety procedures.

Here’s the real horror. I had to retreat to htmf from a US website. They’re overwhelmingly of the opinion the real cause was because there weren’t enough armed students to stop the guy, and they have a right to bring guns to school to protect themselves.
But pinkos like us Canadians are the ones to blame for only allowing criminals to have guns… :unamused:

Agreed.  I also saw that reference to allowing more weapons in the schools.  I guess to some people that makes sense?! :astonished:  The right to bear arms comes with a price.

Make it mandatory to go out in public in an explosive vest. Then if anyone dares to detonate, it starts a chain reaction.
Mutually Assured Destruction applied to the right to bear arms.

One of the worst parts about this is the fallout that will happen.  I’ve been to that part of the states, it’s right outside tennessee (think I spelled that wrong) and the hate for other races is already extreme down there, now anybody that is asian is probably worried about thier own safety.  The stories of the ‘good ol boys’ are true in those parts, and the shooter was a landed immigrant/alien from South Korea.  Virgina Tech is over half asian and those who live off campus are going to have to deal with the hate. 

[quote]Many people will use this terrible tragedy as an excuse to put through a political agenda other than my own. This tawdry abuse of human suffering for political gain sickens me to the core of my being. Those people who have different political views from me ought to be ashamed of themselves for thinking of cheap partisan point-scoring at a time like this. In any case, what this tragedy really shows us is that, so far from putting into practice political views other than my own, it is precisely my political agenda which ought to be advanced.

Not only are my political views vindicated by this terrible tragedy, but also the status of my profession. Furthermore, it is only in the context of a national and international tragedy like this that we are reminded of the very special status of my hobby, and its particular claim to legislative protection. My religious and spiritual views also have much to teach us about the appropriate reaction to these truly terrible events. [/quote]

Above from:

http://www.alternet.org/story/11623/

(Did someone hack MiG’s account?  It’s not like him to quote without giving a source.)

I’m not sure if the following stuff is true, ( snopes doesn’t seem to have anything yet about it), but I thought I pass it on.

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/17/cho-seung-huis-plays/

It is happening as we speak. It is sickening that people will use this tragedy to spread their hate and racism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjGnPSToK10)

Sorry, thought I included the link: 

adequacy.org/stories/2001.9. … 3.271.html

It was on boingboing earlier today.

As for snopes:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Exactly as a I figured it would happen.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/feature-dissecting-jacks-lies-252914.php