Magic jack

Does anyone here use magic jack?? Interested in knowing if it works, how well it works and if there is any savings. Do you have to dial from your computer or can you dial from your cordless phone as usual?

Also, fishing lodge on dundas island, goose bay…needs to have phone or internet service for the summer. Any one know how to do that other than the very costly satillete? Has anyone ever tried a moblile stick way up there when fishing???

Damn, I was certain this was going to be another thread about our esteemed mayor.

I can only comment on MagicJack, my buddy’s using it for his household & for his work phones. They work great

[quote=“roja”]Does anyone here use magic jack?? Interested in knowing if it works, how well it works and if there is any savings. Do you have to dial from your computer or can you dial from your cordless phone as usual?

Also, fishing lodge on dundas island, goose bay…needs to have phone or internet service for the summer. Any one know how to do that other than the very costly satillete? Has anyone ever tried a moblile stick way up there when fishing???[/quote]

Know nothing about magic jack, I think you need a phone that connects to your computer to use it, not sure…?

With mobile sticks, I believe you have to be where the company providing it has cell service. IE Rogers Stick won’t work between here and Terrace.

My parents have Magic Jack.

I hate it when they call. Echo, delay, and fuzziness. Just a bad experience all around. The delay is the worst part, you end up constantly cutting off the other person. It’s almost like using a radio phone, in that you need to say “over” at the end of your sentences.

Skype is better. As are other VOIP boxes.

Also, these things depend on your internet connection being stable, largely symmetric, and not saturated. Don’t use this stuff while the kids are watching Netflix or playing WoW.