Mac OS X Lion

An amendment to my previous statement

Lion has promise and a lot of its new tech is interesting but i am still going to wait and see if they can fix its problems before i give it another try

Figured WTH and hit the App Store, it’s done. Upgraded itself without storing any iso, worked fine.
Lost Office 2004, have yet to figure out what to do with some of the new gestures and features. Only thing I had to change was the direction of 2 finger scrolling, didn’t like pushing the screen up to scroll down.
This is the 3rd Mac OS upgrade I’ve done over the years, all flawless.
And I recall a weekend long nightmare trying to install Vista on my old laptop, only to give up. (Which is why I bought my first Mac)

Was about to procrastinate again and wait for the ‘Family version’ so I could do the new mini too. Had to fight my Scot DNA for a couple more hours over the $9 savings…

Sounds good, herbie. My daughter has a 3-4 year old macbook that works like a champ. She now has two part time jobs, so she’s saving up for her next big thing. My daughter wants a shiny new macbook pro.
Maybe when she buys it she will let me use her macbook. :smile:

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Figured WTH and hit the App Store, it’s done. Upgraded itself without storing any iso, worked fine.
Lost Office 2004, have yet to figure out what to do with some of the new gestures and features. Only thing I had to change was the direction of 2 finger scrolling, didn’t like pushing the screen up to scroll down.
This is the 3rd Mac OS upgrade I’ve done over the years, all flawless.
And I recall a weekend long nightmare trying to install Vista on my old laptop, only to give up. (Which is why I bought my first Mac)

Was about to procrastinate again and wait for the ‘Family version’ so I could do the new mini too. Had to fight my Scot DNA for a couple more hours over the $9 savings…[/quote]

I hated that too, whats with that, the world is used to it going one way then apple goes and changes it. good thing they allowed you to flip it around.

One thing i hated 10.7 doesn’t come with iphoto, WTF, so i bought 11 for 16$

They made the decision to make the scrolling match the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. With those devices (and others), you move the content with your fingers, not the scrollbars. It does make sense. It’s just that everyone’s used to moving scrollbars instead of moving content.

Anyway, it took me a couple of days, but now I’m used to it, and I’ve even changed the way my Windows and Mac OS X 10.6 computers scroll to match it.

Nobody complained when the iPhone and the iPad made you move your fingers up to scroll down, did they? It just seemed to be the most natural way to do it. So why do the opposite with the computer?

[quote=“MiG”]They made the decision to make the scrolling match the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. With those devices (and others), you move the content with your fingers, not the scrollbars. It does make sense. It’s just that everyone’s used to moving scrollbars instead of moving content.

Anyway, it took me a couple of days, but now I’m used to it, and I’ve even changed the way my Windows and Mac OS X 10.6 computers scroll to match it.

Nobody complained when the iPhone and the iPad made you move your fingers up to scroll down, did they? It just seemed to be the most natural way to do it. So why do the opposite with the computer?[/quote]

good point, never thought of it that way.

I’ve been dragging two fingers down to scroll down since I got this thing. It took you mentioning it to realize the iPad’s the other way.

Ten days and I still find myself trying to scroll the wrong way on the macbook. Old habits die hard, I feel like one of those stubborn butt wads that change their Win 7 start menu to look like Win98 and still has a shortcut to C drive on their desktop!